Taking delivery of a GigaTexas LR Model Y

nitrohuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
Whelp it isn’t a cybertruck but I can at least say that within a couple of days (fingers crossed) I’ll be taking delivery of a LR Model Y with an Austin VIN.

Really excited, and this was also unexpected since I was literally told by a Tesla rep about a month ago that it would be highly unlikely my MY would come from GigaTexas

specs:
LR Model Y
White
Black interior
19” Gemeni

Looks like GigaTexas is ramping up pretty good… and we know what that means
Sponsored

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
This is great news for you and good news for all of us.

OP
OP

nitrohuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
One thing that got me all spun around... the Model Y LR's coming out of Austin are apparently using 2170's, not 4680's...

I guess I was living under a rock... or simply spending too much of my time focusing on the CT that I didn't really read too much into the Model Y's haha. Oh well... 2170 is still tried and true for the LR MY

Maaak

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/a, Model Y in February, 2024
Country flag
Whelp it isn’t a cybertruck but I can at least say that within a couple of days (fingers crossed) I’ll be taking delivery of a LR Model Y with an Austin VIN.

Really excited, and this was also unexpected since I was literally told by a Tesla rep about a month ago that it would be highly unlikely my MY would come from GigaTexas

specs:
LR Model Y
White
Black interior
19” Gemeni

Looks like GigaTexas is ramping up pretty good… and we know what that means
I am planning of buying a Model Y and want to pick it up at Gigatexas. Are you a Texan? I’m from Boston and want to fly in, pick up the car, then head down to Boca Chica. Trying to figure out if this is possible.
Sponsored