Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
<quote>
If it’s a crappy article, why repost it?
Subjective.

Ogre said:
If it’s a good article, doesn’t the author deserve to get paid?
Links are always provided to the source of articles. Use them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
</quote>
I liked the article.
tl;dr
I went back on this OP article to compare the edit for omissions. I try to contextualize any <link> in narrative text with the article embedded as It supports or rebuts a made point. Only the people interested will click on a link. Dumping whole articles, republishing, gets side-eye and “ignore” button from me if its repeatedly populating a forum.

I appreciated learning Tesla China sales, revenues compared to Chinese automakers and future asian expansion possibilities. That was new information and China was a big question answered.

This analysis is interesting and appreciate learn-ed tradecraft being shared. We accumulate knowledge fixed in snippets, algorithm or rule of thumb that tests our objectivity.

Tesla, Elon jumped onboard at an early stage. THAT single advantage is unassailable, perpetual and the central pillar to its core competency in EV. Elon embraces and extends it at every opportunity which amplifies Tesla network effects. THAT compounding is a hidden advantage competitors cannot equal. Other Tesla network multipliers are charging infrastructure and insurance factors.

Vertical integration provides the structure for Tesla enabling it to take advantage of charging and insurance that lead them to their next innovation. Both are Flywheels. GM is only company to do this with its past GMAC financing.

Elon has constructed a machine in Tesla that works at scale, using simplicity as a cornerstone leveraging first principles to reach next level innovations whose network effects build toward change that enables Tesla to make a difference.

SteveJobs dared to make a dent in the world. Elon is punching through it.
Sponsored