Tesla Construction Security at Austin Plant Tried to Kick Me Out on a Public Road

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I don't blame the guard at all, you had no business there, and ...
I do.

He has no business telling people to leave public easements. It doesn't matter that he doesn't know you - that only makes it worse. This is how he actually treats people, and it's not to do his job. If his job is to shoo people from a public easement, then he is doing something illegal. For money.

-Crissa
Sponsored

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I do.

He has no business telling people to leave public easements. It doesn't matter that he doesn't know you - that only makes it worse. This is how he actually treats people, and it's not to do his job. If his job is to shoo people from a public easement, then he is doing something illegal. For money.

-Crissa
Its worse than illegal. Its abuse.

Frankenblob

First Name
Frank, USA is the BEST. Communism SUX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M38A-1, Trans-am
Country flag
I had some business in Austin last week, so on the way home I decided to take a look at the Austin Gigafactory construction site. Harold Green Road gives an excellent viewpoint of one of the construction areas, so I parked on the side of the road and got ready to take a few pictures.

Just as I started to get out my phone, a security truck comes rolling up on me and says I can't be there. I said that, "this is public right-of-way, not Tesla's property" (If it was, wouldn't you think they would have a gate?)

The guard says no, "the property line is here" as he pointed to the edge of the pavement. - You've got to be kidding.

I further stated the property line is beyond where my car is parked and right at the fence. As he started to shake his head he said his boss told him strictly to not let anybody park on the side of the road ... at that instant I deemed it pointless, but really wanted to say, "Then call the cops"

Before he drove off, he said he would "allow me" to take pictures, but I had to leave.

Tesla has a subcontactor who is totally overstepping their bounds and could potentially embarrass them. I should have filmed it and publicly put Tesla's construction contractor in their place. -- Irritating :mad:
20200915_170229.jpg
20200915_170216.jpg
20200915_170222.jpg
There might be local laws, if one's vehicle is not disabled or a medical emergency is not happening, then parking on the side of ANY road is a faux pas.
I have seen cars parked for quite a stretch simply to watch "fireworks" or a big boat or... and that did present contentious activity.
He, according to your side, may need to brush up on his bedside manner.
But it is well known that there are 3 sides to a story of 2 parties: Party "A's", Party "B's" and the TRUTH!
Nice pics!

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I am unaware of any rules preventing parking on the shoulder of an easement in Texas.

All the rules seem related to blocking access.

-Crissa
Sponsored