FarAway

First Name
I.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pontiac Torrent, TVR, F-250 Super Duty
Country flag
Yeah, he has done such a "great" job. (TIC)

Bah-bye, and good luck to Rivian.

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
My neighbor works for Tesla heading global supply chain for drivetrain. This guy was not "senior' but just one of many people working on sourcing materials for the company.

Gizmodo, like many media companies, hate Musk and will attempt to paint the company in the worst doom. and gloom they can.

TBONO

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
My neighbor works for Tesla heading global supply chain for drivetrain. This guy was not "senior' but just one of many people working on sourcing materials for the company.

Gizmodo, like many media companies, hate Musk and will attempt to paint the company in the worst doom. and gloom they can.
Sounds about right and in line with my prior comments

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Exactly, have you read the Tesla contract? Just like every other high-tech company, one is not "allowed " to go to the competition unless it is totally unrelated. Therefore...
...Contracts often have unenforceable language.

Unless they're an executive - not just management - that restriction is not legal in California, where this guy works.

-Crissa

cbrtrckrsrvd112219

First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
who cares: never heard of him before, probably will never hear of him again..
Gizmodo is bunch of ultraprogressive teenagers who now love to hate Musk...

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Gizmodo is bunch of ultraprogressive teenagers who now love to hate Musk...
Gizmodo only happens to be what the OP linked; this news was reported by many outfitsInsideEV, BusinessInsider, etc., etc.

This guy was not "senior' but just one of many people working on sourcing materials for the company.
He sells himself well, and is now a Sr. director at Rivian - so good on him for creating a lane

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla Cybertruck Materials Supply Chain Leader (El Akkari) Leaves For Rivian EB6FA241-2063-4141-A9C5-C4DFEAB2A36B

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
I wouldn’t read too much into the article that states potential cyber truck delay because a supply chain person is moving on; the supply chain is not tied to individuals, it’s tied to the company, the products, the contracts and procurement departments which at this stage, definitely have some built-in redundancies as it relates to personnel

people acting like this is Jerry Maguire
Are you kidding. Supply chains are all about individuals negotiating contracts and in a world of limited resources and limited suppliers its all about having the relationship. Of course this will disrupt the supply chain if he was leading the purchases. I sold to global companies that had sophisticated purchasing software where vendors could bid on supplying materials, but Tesla doesn't strike me as that detached from its purchasing.

TBONO

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Are you kidding. Supply chains are all about individuals negotiating contracts and in a world of limited resources and limited suppliers its all about having the relationship. Of course this will disrupt the supply chain if he was leading the purchases. I sold to global companies that had sophisticated purchasing software where vendors could bid on supplying materials, but Tesla doesn't strike me as that detached from its purchasing.
The contracts are between companies not employees. If the individual (an agent of the company ) who negotiated it moves on, it does not mean that contract goes away or is in jeopardy / corporate governance and safeguards ensure against that exact scenario. Especially at a large MNC.

Fritztech

First Name
Fritz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 GMC Yukon XL Denali
Country flag
Thanks for clarifying
...Contracts often have unenforceable language.

Unless they're an executive - not just management - that restriction is not legal in California, where this guy works.

-Crissa
Thanks for the clarification. I stand corrected.
Sponsored