Tesla hit with $1.27M subrogation claim from State Farm in 2020 house fire

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
I believe in many states being a licensed professional engineer is required to be a fire investigator. Actually I assumed all, but from your post it appears that assumption is wrong.
Sponsored

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
All I'm gonna say...

• An estimated 212,500 vehicle fires caused 560 civilian deaths 1,500 civilian injuries; and $1.9 billion in direct property damage in the US during 2018.
https://www.nfpa.org/News-and-Research/Data-research-and-tools/US-Fire-Problem/Vehicle-fires
On top of that:
  • From 2014 through 2018, local fire departments responded to an estimated average of 4,150 fires in or on service or gas station properties per year. These fires caused an average of three civilian deaths, 43 civilian fire injuries, and $30.0 million in direct property damage annually.

• More than half of the fires (56 percent) at these properties were vehicle fires. Three-quarters of the vehicle fires on these properties were caused by either mechanical failures or malfunctions, or electrical failures or malfunctions.

https://www.nfpa.org/News-and-Resea...-and-Life-Safety/Service-or-Gas-Station-Fires

But, let's ignore all of that.

Statistics say at least 13 gas stations, in the US alone, will have been literally on fire before midnight tonight. And another 13 will do the same tomorrow and the day after.

Guess what the news stories are going to rattle on about?

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
yeah the RESPONSIBLE parties
I had a claim against a hit and run while car was parked with State Farm. My full coverage covered but my uninsured motorist did not cover my $500 deductible because they said, they did not know if the hit and run had or did not have insurance.

I am a bit jaded.

Also, once the lawsuit is ruled upon, the responsible party will be ruled upon.

CompMaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri CT
Country flag
Wonder if they inspected the charger like if it was properly installed. DIY or by actual pro. I know someone who used regular 12/2 wire for their installation and then set the car/charger to pull 32 amps. I felt the warmth when touching the wall where the wire was installed.
I am not saying that is what happened here, but I do know that most companies don't really care the route cause. Just need a quick analysis and then move on to the next ticket.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Perhaps we should be focusing on the battery charger instead of the vehicle itself. The charger should have a breaker that cuts off the power in the event of excess use of electric amperage?

Deleted member 11233

I believe in many states being a licensed professional engineer is required to be a fire investigator. Actually I assumed all, but from your post it appears that assumption is wrong.
Well, not in Texas they aren't. Very few are PEs but some departments have a PE on call.
Sponsored