Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
Anyone have some more info on when Tesla insurance is coming to Florida? Progressive just bumped our monthly for two people with two vehicles to $710 a month which is insanity. Good driving record, no accidents etc.

I heard about a month ago that Tesla had filed with state regulatory bodies but I've seen no update since.
Sponsored

Raebrek

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Highlander, 2016 Subaru Outback
Country flag
My read on this is starting October of 2022 and then there was a delay that is still happening. If I do a search on "tesla insurance" florida on duck duck go for the past month, the fifth thing that comes up is your question. The first 4 don’t have any info either. Not much info.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Anyone have some more info on when Tesla insurance is coming to Florida? Progressive just bumped our monthly for two people with two vehicles to $710 a month which is insanity. Good driving record, no accidents etc.

I heard about a month ago that Tesla had filed with state regulatory bodies but I've seen no update since.
How is your credit score? That is a rhetorical question. Some states and insurance companies use a credit scoring method to charge for auto insurance. For example, say you have a perfect driving record but your credit score is 700, you pay more for auto insurance coverage than a crappy driver with tickets but a score of 800. Crazy, but true. Just something to look into.

OP
OP

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
My read on this is starting October of 2022 and then there was a delay that is still happening. If I do a search on "tesla insurance" florida on duck duck go for the past month, the fifth thing that comes up is your question. The first 4 don’t have any info either. Not much info.
Wow, I'm impressed with Duck Duck Go's crawler. :)

OP
OP

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
How is your credit score? That is a rhetorical question. Some states and insurance companies use a credit scoring method to charge for auto insurance. For example, say you have a perfect driving record but your credit score is 700, you pay more for auto insurance coverage than a crappy driver with tickets but a score of 800. Crazy, but true. Just something to look into.
Our credit scores are both excellent.

I've heard murmurs of insurance getting crazy in Florida, guess I'm experiencing it first hand. We dumped another insurance company a couple of years ago because of the price (and I had been with them for 20 years) but of course the price has now crept up substantially. I'm not a huge fan of driving monitoring, but I do have some experience with the Tesla Safety Score from FSD Beta so I'm willing to give it a try. I could use the dongle with Progressive also I suppose... ugh.

OP
OP

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
There was a youtube short about Tesla filing regulatory paperwork in Florida. Assuming it's legit it's a good sign...

OP
OP

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
Thanks, great response. 🙂

Yeah, I've seen the non-murmurs in the homeowners insurance market. Believe me, I'd exit the state if I wasn't stuck here for various reasons. Kids, ex-wife etc.

My thoughts about it are what they've been for a couple of decades. This seems like a regulatory and governance failure, the weather is of course not really under the control of the government but it is a fact of geography and something any government has to deal with.

evazquezcu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Chevy Silverado LT
Country flag

My man.... I'm afraid you've scam by your agent, I have progressive's and paid about $210 full cover IN MIAMI, 2016 Silverado & 2022 GV70. Same scenario that you have. No accidents, good driving record as well

OP
OP

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
My man.... I'm afraid you've scam by your agent, I have progressive's and paid about $210 full cover IN MIAMI, 2016 Silverado & 2022 GV70. Same scenario that you have. No accidents, good driving record as well
No agent, just Progressive, largely online, occasional discussion with someone on the phone.

Ours is for a Tesla Model Y Perf and a 2017 Model X. Was looking at the coverage the other day, the only thing I'd be willing to change is the deductible which is set at $500, could increase that amount, but the impact monthly doesn't seem that high.

The Model X is slightly more expensive to cover than the Y, but not by a huge amount.

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
Consider buying a $3M umbrella policy and dropping your traditional auto insurance and going to state mins.
If you or anyone else in FL wants my help with a > 11.76kW DC worth of solar to power (or another provider) your truck and home you’ll need a $1M policy just for that anyway.

Raebrek

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Highlander, 2016 Subaru Outback
Country flag
I’ve got some rental houses. The insurance had been pissing down my back for a few years. I finally asked to join USAA. i moved our cars and all houses there. I’m saving money. I wonder what they would charge me to insure a Model X. Did I mention I live in Florida?
Sponsored