Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR FSD, camper van, CT3 FSD preordered
Occupation
Tech Industry Grunt
Country flag
Tesla-powered electric Humvee goes on sale for almost $100,000

A Canadian company has put on sale a Tesla-powered electric Humvee for almost $100,000, and it has impressive performance.

Tesla powertrains are the go-to powertrain for electric conversion projects, and now it has made its way into a Humvee pickup frame.

It’s your way to get get a Tesla-powered pickup truck before the Cybertruck becomes available.

North American Electric Vehicle, an EV conversion company based in Oliver, British Columbia, unveiled the H1EV, a Humvee pickup truck with a Tesla powertrain.

Here are a few images of the impressive EV conversion:

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla-powered electric Humvee goes on sale for almost $100,000 Screenshot-2023-07-14-at-10.07.41-AM
Tesla Cybertruck Tesla-powered electric Humvee goes on sale for almost $100,000 Screenshot-2023-07-14-at-10.07.31-AM
Tesla Cybertruck Tesla-powered electric Humvee goes on sale for almost $100,000 Screenshot-2023-07-14-at-10.07.24-AM

The company shared some of the specs with Electrek:

• BODY: 4 DOOR HUMVEE PICKUP
  • MOTOR: DUAL TESLA MODEL S – 600 HP
  • BATTERY: STANDARD RANGE – 150 MILES RANGE
  • EXTERIOR: GRAY COLOR
  • INTERIOR: BLACK VINYL
  • SEATS: CORBEAU MOAB VINYL
  • LEVEL 2 CHARGE SYSTEM
  • GPS SPEEDOMETER
  • IPAD DISPLAY
  • 4X4
  • 37” TIRES AND 20” RIMS
  • BLACK CANVAS TOP
For these specs, North American Electric Vehicle is asking for $98,900 USD for H1EV.

For an extra $20,000, the company can add more Tesla battery modules to try to double the range to 300 miles.

It can also add a full leather interior for $6,000.

North American Electric Vehicle says that it needs a few months to secure the donor body, the Tesla parts, and do the conversion.

Electrek’s Take
I love EV conversions and this one is a fun one. I would happily drive that; I might even prefer it to the Cybertruck.

If I could have this and a 1969 Tesla-powered Corvette, my EV conversion dreams would be complete.
Sponsored

Justinmo23

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
Is it the handling, or anything the Tesla power train would fix???
I would imagine it’s terrible for efficiency with the boxy design… I wonder if all the battery management is included with the battery pack, otherwise it might not last long.
I’m happy to wait for the Cybertruck, I imagine it will have better range, better efficiency, and more utility for a similar price.

azjohn

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Is it the handling, or anything the Tesla power train would fix???
I would imagine it’s terrible for efficiency with the boxy design… I wonder if all the battery management is included with the battery pack, otherwise it might not last long.
I’m happy to wait for the Cybertruck, I imagine it will have better range, better efficiency, and more utility for a similar price.
The H1s handle like a horse drawn wagon with a top speed around 60 mph, my biggest gripe were the seats they were narrow and as hard as church pews. Since the transmission is raised for ground clearance it drastically cut into the space for the passengers in the front at least the truck looks cool
Sponsored