Tesla ride-sharing platform launch-moment has arrived?

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Rideshare drivers stage protest while Uber and Lyft fight in court to keep them poor. See: Tech wage slave protests.

Tesla is a technological alternative to centralized technology platforms that hold independent contractors hostage. London taxi's not withstanding, Tesla could own the space with Starlink overhead, Boring underground, SpaceX innovation, Tesla production, software engineering and design for multi-use/reuse vehicles.

I'd certainly entertain partnering with someone as a passive investor for off-hour ride share use to maximize vehicle ROI and utilization. Million mile batteries, Starlink and direct-to-consumer business model would fit perfectly with a button on the dash to alert Tesla that the vehicle is available for ride-share.
Sponsored

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
I worked for lyft/ uber for like a year before covid. lyft is better.
and the pay (in bay area) is very low, after expenses like 13-15$ an hour(in a hybrid).

but tons of drivers choose to do it to suplement, or as a "rather than" something like a cashier, or factory worker because its more relaxed allows more freedom. it worked for me while in school quite well.

I dont really see why tesla would'nt just slowly implement more cars they own from old leases, or whatever. eventually, essentially kicking out the owner drivers and replacing it with Tesla owned vehicles. Lyft level 5, uber, and many others are working on lvl5 to get rid of driver expenses, it can be deduced tesla will do the same. perhaps that is a while down the line, but something i just thought of.

OP
OP
rr6013

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
I return to this thread after CA voters rejected the proposition that would have equalized driver compensation to the State minimum standards.

People don’t care - not about the driver who takes them cheaply to their destination. Money or the fear of money increasing the cost to Lyft/Uber worked against drivers earning a min. wage.

I have no deep insight into the riders who depend on this wage slave economy Uber have loosed. I have watched the quality of cars in Uber’s fleet drop and their condition deteriorate over time.

Rider’s are getting what they want. It’s unanimous. It won’t be Tesla’s. Not even level 5 Ubers from Waymo. Level 5 will cost Waymo.

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
The drivers I know didn't vote for it. I certainly didn't. But it is/was the most expensive ca prop ever at over 100million spent. People dont look deeply into things not important to them, they just see all the advertising and vote based on that.

But I did read the entire thing. It was written very well and the first 1/3 of it( Like 20 pages) is actually good, usefull useful things. They probably figure most people wont read too much past 5-10 pages. If at all.
Sponsored

Last edited: