Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Tesla to Build a Battery & EV Factory in Indonesia, Minister Says
by Eva Fox May 20, 2022

Indonesia Tesla

https://www.tesmanian.com/blogs/tes...battery-ev-factory-in-indonesia-minister-says

Tesla will build a battery and electric car factory in Indonesia, the investment minister said. While exact details are not available, the start of the project is expected to begin as early as 2022.

Tesla has agreed to invest in Indonesian battery and electric vehicle manufacturing, Indonesian Investment Minister Bahlil Lahadalia said on Thursday, Benar News reported. He did not give details but hinted that the project could start as early as this year. Tesla has agreed to build a plant in an industrial complex in Central Java province following talks in the US over the weekend between President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo and CEO Elon Musk, the investment minister said Wednesday. It should be kept in mind that the agreement has not yet been signed.

“God willing, Tesla will enter Indonesia this year,” Bahlil told a discussion in Jakarta.

“But I can't announce the month yet. Let's wait, because we haven't signed an agreement yet. How much investment is still being kept secret, still waiting. But this is good stuff, big stuff,” he said.

Last week, Jokowi met Musk at the SpaceX launch site in Texas. “We’re going to look closely from the Tesla and SpaceX standpoint to try to do some partnerships in Indonesia,” he said. “And, like I said, I think the future of Indonesia is very bright. I think we were looking closely to a potential collaboration on many, many fronts,” Musk added.

© 2022, Eva Fox | Tesmanian. All rights reserved.

-----------------------

I think that it is most likely a battery factory first if a factory is going to be built by Tesla in Indonesia with a car factory later. They need the nickle and batteries. Shanghai plant is supposed to double.
Sponsored

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Might turn into a ideological problem.

They'd be better of coming to Australia instead, more space, more resources, same language, decent market size, less corruption but probably more bureaucracy and politics, and probably higher wage prices. But I wonder what the wage cost component is in highly automated assembly?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
We'll see. You don't think Labor might have a different pov? They just won the election, right? Heck, Liberal might not say no to the jobs, also EVs do use power from coal.

-Crissa
Sponsored