Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
Anaheim man facing three counts of attempted murder for BB gun shooting on 91 freeway
RIVERSIDE, Calif. - An Anaheim man accused of using a BB gun to shoot out windows on a vehicle traveling on the Riverside (91) Freeway has been charged with three counts of attempted murder.

34-year-old Jesse Leal Rodriguez was charged Friday by the Riverside DA’s Office with three counts of attempted murder and three counts of assault by means likely to produce great bodily injury.

The charges stem from a shooting that occurred on May 25 in the area of Hamner Ave. and Hidden Valley Parkway in Norco.

Around 1:30 p.m. the window of a Tesla was shot out with a BB gun, three people were inside the vehicle. Luckily, the Tesla captured video of the suspect’s vehicle which was a maroon Chevrolet Trailblazer. The victims were able to provide a vehicle description to California Highway Patrol officers and around 9:30 p.m. that same day, CHP officers and Riverside police pulled over the suspect in a shopping center parking lot.

RELATED: Person of interest arrested in series of BB gun freeway shootings across SoCal

Rodriguez was taken into custody; officers located a BB gun, BBs and other related items in his vehicle.

Tesla window shot at link
Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Attempted murder with a BB gun? What has happened to perspective in our society. I will say that when my "friend" shot me in the forehead with a BB gun it raised one hell of an egg but I am sitting here 65 years later writing about it.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Attempted murder with a BB gun?
It's the situation. Damaging a car in motion on a freeway is likely to cause a collision, which could quite easily kill someone It's the cars and the speed that makes it attempted murder and not just aggravated assault.

-Crissa

CyberT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
Service Technician
Country flag
This guy has shot out over a 100 windows from cars on the freeway and it took a Tesla with Tesla Cam to bring him to justice! Someone needs to outfit that car with a giant red cape!

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
With all the benefits of Tesla cam. How long will it be before similar cameras start to be expected by buyers of other vehicles. Perhaps even mandated. Between accident investigations, unknown vehicle damages, theft, etc it would be a whole new world if there were cameras everywhere.
On the downside, surveillance. How long will it be before insurance companies, government etc start wanting general access all the time. And China is already worried about the spying aspect of these cameras.

Nathon

First Name
Nathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 , Cybertruck on order
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
Attempted murder with a BB gun? What has happened to perspective in our society. I will say that when my "friend" shot me in the forehead with a BB gun it raised one hell of an egg but I am sitting here 65 years later writing about it.
Check out some of the newer air rifles. There are some very high powered models with a velocity of over 1000 FPS . Pretty damn dangerous. I actually have one and it’s like shooting a .22 rifle.
Sponsored