J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
I put in my deposit on the 2m version, and will actually complete the purchase... I actually jumper shipped on the Y b/c the CT makes more sense for me. But...

1. With the angles, I’m curious if the windows will go all the way down, or if there will be points / surface that remains above the door.

2. In the other Tesla’s, there is the center console that houses phone charging, storage, etc... that console doesn’t seem to exist in the CT, I assume it is integrated to the center seat, but... I would love to see the console in that seat when folded down.

3. similar to two, I assume the middle seat in the back folds down to serve as a cup holder / console. Seeing that would be great! Rear phone charging???

4. Will the rear window roll down like the 4Runner? It helps airflow, and is nice to help with buffering (the helicopter sound) when one window is open at highway speeds.

5. What is the weight limit on the integrated loading ramp? Can it handle the weight of rider and a H-D Ultra Limited (I know the tailgate has to be down to accommodate length, and break over angle looks tight, but can the ramp hold the weight?)

just a few of the things rattling around in my head... any insights or other similar questions, out there?
Sponsored

GuyYost

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD 2 motor FSD on order, 2017 Tundra
Occupation
IT consultant
Country flag
I put in my deposit on the 2m version, and will actually complete the purchase... I actually jumper shipped on the Y b/c the CT makes more sense for me. But...

1. With the angles, I’m curious if the windows will go all the way down, or if there will be points / surface that remains above the door.

2. In the other Tesla’s, there is the center console that houses phone charging, storage, etc... that console doesn’t seem to exist in the CT, I assume it is integrated to the center seat, but... I would love to see the console in that seat when folded down.

3. similar to two, I assume the middle seat in the back folds down to serve as a cup holder / console. Seeing that would be great! Rear phone charging???

4. Will the rear window roll down like the 4Runner? It helps airflow, and is nice to help with buffering (the helicopter sound) when one window is open at highway speeds.

5. What is the weight limit on the integrated loading ramp? Can it handle the weight of rider and a H-D Ultra Limited (I know the tailgate has to be down to accommodate length, and break over angle looks tight, but can the ramp hold the weight?)

just a few of the things rattling around in my head... any insights or other similar questions, out there?
I have the same question #5 - We all know payload is 3500 lbs, but I can't seem to find the weight limit on the integrated ramp. Anyone?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Man, how did no one answer these questions? Well, we didn't know last December.

1. ...if the windows will go all the way down...
We still don't know the answer to this, but we saw the windows rolled down in the Cybertruck's debut on Leno's Garage. It seems the front ones do go all the way down.

2. In the other Tesla’s, there is the center console
It's in the front-middle seat.
https://www.teslarati.com/top-10-tesla-cybertruck-hidden-features-you-may-have-missed/

I haven't seen any pictures of the back seats that show the console there, and Elon has said the midgate would be a good idea when it was brought up, but also hasn't been demonstrated.

5. What is the weight limit on the integrated loading ramp? Can it handle the weight of rider and a H-D Ultra Limited...
We don't know, this hasn't been published yet, either. A thousand pounds seems reasonable enough, though. I would expect it to manage that.

-Crissa

GuyYost

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD 2 motor FSD on order, 2017 Tundra
Occupation
IT consultant
Country flag
Man, how did no one answer these questions? Well, we didn't know last December.

We still don't know the answer to this, but we saw the windows rolled down in the Cybertruck's debut on Leno's Garage. It seems the front ones do go all the way down.

It's in the front-middle seat.
https://www.teslarati.com/top-10-tesla-cybertruck-hidden-features-you-may-have-missed/

I haven't seen any pictures of the back seats that show the console there, and Elon has said the midgate would be a good idea when it was brought up, but also hasn't been demonstrated.

We don't know, this hasn't been published yet, either. A thousand pounds seems reasonable enough, though. I would expect it to manage that.

-Crissa
My existing ATV w/ me on it would be about 1400 lbs. Hoping it can handle that.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
My existing ATV w/ me on it would be about 1400 lbs. Hoping it can handle that.
Wow, I thought my motorcycle was heavy... My bike and me are... ~1100 lbs?

T3slaDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, RWD Cybertruck
Country flag
I love that we're talking about the ramp weight limit!! Thinking of it, the addition of the ramp combined with the lowering air suspension really give the CT an advantage over a lot of trucks in the market. It's like having your own moving truck for those heavy items like couches, appliances, pianos even?!

I can't wait for my CT! I help with a lot of moves and an so excited to show everyone how this thing makes moving so much easier, even before hooking up the trailer (some not even being needed at times).

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I love that we're talking about the ramp weight limit!! Thinking of it, the addition of the ramp combined with the lowering air suspension really give the CT an advantage over a lot of trucks in the market. It's like having your own moving truck for those heavy items like couches, appliances, pianos even?!

I can't wait for my CT! I help with a lot of moves and an so excited to show everyone how this thing makes moving so much easier, even before hooking up the trailer (some not even being needed at times).
Having moved a piano across multiple states, I really wish I had gotten a truck with a powered liftgate... but a VERY long ramp made it manageable (angle was less than 30 degrees). That and cargo straps I used to slowly lower it down the ramp on a pair of furniture dollies (best $55 I have ever spent). Getting the piano over the steps and threshold into the house was not as easy.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
My gear and mine is just over 500lbs...

-Crissa
I know the Zero is like 500lbs or more lighter than my bike and I must have 150 to 200 lbs on you...

Which is my way of saying I have a fat bike and a fat body! ;)

(I really wish someone made a EV cruiser-tourer motorcycle... maybe when I pay this off, can get two wrecked Zeros and convert it to make a 2WD EV cruiser-tourer with 2 battery packs...)

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
(I really wish someone made a EV cruiser-tourer motorcycle... maybe when I pay this off, can get two wrecked Zeros and convert it to make a 2WD EV cruiser-tourer with 2 battery packs...)
Yeah! The big problem is a cruiser is a long arch and needs to be stronger because of that which compounds the issues an electric has.

There is a custom company that does it, but their bike looks a bit scary, honestly.

http://brutusmotorcycle.com/brutusV9.html

I don't understand the point of making it look like it has an exhaust or sound like it has cylinders, tho.

-Crissa

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
I have the same question #5 - We all know payload is 3500 lbs, but I can't seem to find the weight limit on the integrated ramp. Anyone?
Could depend how the weight is distributed/concentrated/located. Maybe it would take a 4,000 lb machine if its tires and track were wide, but not take a 1,000 lb rock rolled up its middle.

TI4Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 Cummins, GMC 1500, LandRover Discovery 1, Suzuki GT750, Electra Glide Ultra Classic Limited, Electra Glide Sport, RX3 Cyclone
Occupation
Retired, added 5 days to my weekend
Country flag
My gear and mine is just over 500lbs...

-Crissa
It's surprising how much a motorcycle can weight, my RX3 is a 250 adventure bike with bags and trunk. I weight the bike and me at 620 ibs, after that discovery it explains why I have to run the engine in the 6K rpm band to excelerate smartly.
Wow, I thought my motorcycle was heavy... My bike and me are... ~1100 lbs?
My touring bike and myself are in the same weight range, I have a enclosed trailer with a front wheel chock that I drive into and locks the front wheel and I can get off the bike and tie it down.
the ramp door I was not sure of it's capacity but when I tried it only one of the wheels is in the middle of the door when I ride it in the trailer. Once I start in no stopping part way I can't touch the ground till front tire is in the trailer. Of course heavy bikes make great cruisers.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Why should Toyota enter the electric car business when they know that they will never be able catch up to Tesla. They will enter the hydrogen fuel vehicle for those people who don’t have access to a charger.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Why should Toyota enter the electric car business when they know that they will never be able catch up to Tesla. They will enter the hydrogen fuel vehicle for those people who don’t have access to a charger.
And they'll have access to an H2 station?

-Crissa

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
A company has not lost not being first and beating others is not the main goal. Making money is and the pie is large enough to share. Question is, is the company short or long sighted. Unfortunately, ICE will live on decades to come in lower wealth countries.
Sponsored