THIS APPLE CAR SHOWCASES A FUTURISTIC AUTOMOTIVE REVOLUTION THAT MAKES THE TESLA CYBERTRUCK LOOK OLD-SCHOOL!

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Apple-Car-2076-Concept-Ali-Cam.jpg

Apple car has been the hot topic for motorheads and tech enthusiasts alike for quite some time now. Now the ideation finally seems to be heading towards fruition as Apple has officially announced plans to collaborate with Hyundai-Kia to manufacture Apple electric vehicles. The deal is almost final as Apple plans to manufacture the car at the Kia assembly plant in West Point, Georgia. Presumably, the self-driving EV will be called Apple Car and slated for a 2024 production initiation. After years of speculation and pop-up rumors, this is some substantial news for Apple fanatics who want the ecosystem of Apple products to extend to the automotive realms.

The direct competitor for the Apple Car is obviously going to be Tesla who’s got a strong foothold in the self-driving electric car market. According to some sources, the Apple Car will not have any driver’s seat or even driving controls which could be a bummer for motorheads who love the feel of controlling their machine. What the Apple Car will look like is anybody’s guess but to give a close idea of what it may be like, Ali Cam’s Apple Car 2076 is a good reference point to take home some inspiration. Adopting Apple’s sharp design aesthetics, the car looks like a mouse shaped like a car at first glance, but then you realize it’s actually a minimal car concept. Loaded with advanced driving systems Ali envisions the blueprint far in the distant future – the year 2076 to be precise. The choice of year apparently is the 100the anniversary of Apple ever since it was founded by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, and Ronald Wayne.

On the inside, the Apple Car is more like a luxury lounge with infotainment displays all around (even on the doors), gesture controlled-entertainment systems, and the holographic display traverses the riders into a completely different reality. You would not expect the car to have a driver seat in the year 2076 which coincides with the vision for the Apple Car just announced. So, the Cupertino giant can take some healthy inspiration from Ali’s design. Access to the cabin is via touch ID sensors and presumably, Apple ID is going to be used here. The gull-winged doors give the car a very futuristic appeal, ready to take its passengers for a smooth ride actuated by the magnetic levitation technology. Yes, the one you see on maglev trains.

Although the final Apple Car will be electric powered and the maglev dream is a bit far-fetched for now, this concept by Ali Cam that could rival the edgy Tesla Cybertruck design refreshes things up in anticipation of the Apple Car that’s slated to come sometime in 2024 or 2025. And of course, the real one is going to have wheels, so you can muster up the design with wheels on this one. Things are seeming exciting already, aren’t they?

Designer: Ali Cam
Apple-Car-2076-Concept-Ali-Cam-15.jpg

Apple-Car-2076-Concept-Ali-Cam-18.jpg

Apple-Car-2076-Concept-Ali-Cam_1.jpg

Apple-Car-2076-Concept-Ali-Cam-16.jpg

Apple-Car-2076-Concept-Ali-Cam-20.jpg

Apple-Car-2076-Concept-Ali-Cam-5.jpg

Apple-Car-2076-Concept-Ali-Cam-4.jpg

Apple-Car-2076-Concept-Ali-Cam-6.jpg

537e3042582513.57d0bbe8424f9.gif

Apple-Car-2076-Concept-Ali-Cam-13.jpg

Apple-Car-2076-Concept-Ali-Cam-1.jpg

a9281042582513.57d0b0ff9b230.gif

Apple-Car-2076-Concept-Ali-Cam-12.jpg

Apple-Car-2076-Concept-Ali-Cam-11.jpg

Apple-Car-2076-Concept-Ali-Cam-10.jpg

Apple-Car-2076-Concept-Ali-Cam-9.jpg

SOURCE: YANKO DESIGN
Sponsored

dano0726

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler
Occupation
Treasury Finance Insurance
Country flag
Can't imagine even Steve Jobs would love this thing............

screamingkarts

First Name
Kart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I was expecting to see a car. Wonder what category this will go into. But definitely looks futuristic !

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
To me, it just looks like a Magic Mouse, not a car.
Maybe the same designer?

My initial thoughts:

Interesting but won't work off-road so I don't want one. Maybe for robotaxi.

Also, that trunk needs full sidewalls or it's going to be useless to me. I tend to pack tight and have lots of odd shapes. Every time that trunk opens things are just going to spill out. And it looks like the trunk will be inaccessible from inside the vehicle. So it disables the expected road trip function of having a cooler at the top with drinks so kids in the back seat can reach over the seatbacks and hand daddy a nice cold cola. Or some snacks. But I suppose if it's only being used as a robotaxi then who needs snacks and drinks to stay awake. Just take a nap so you will be alert when you arrive.

The way the seats and interface are set up, it reminds me of the classic bachelor party bus tours driving around Vegas. I'd expect a higher ceiling and a stripper pole in the middle. Without that, the ratio of open space in the middle to seating space on the front/back seems wastefully out of proportion. How are people supposed to converse across that expanse? Maybe the extra space is there so the seats can extend out into beds so you can have a good nap during the trip?

Hope the tires are airless so I never have to change a tire out on the road.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag

Vrakpant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover 109, Ford Transit Custom
Country flag
That is the least practical "car" I have seen in a while. can't access your luggage when you have paralell parked. have to squeeze in between parked vehicles to get your luggage out at a drop off or even worse have to stand in the oncoming lane to get to it..? nice.

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
It’s a concept by someone not affiliated with Apple with the sole purpose of taking cues from classic Apple products. It’s likely not what it will look like at all. I think Jobs would have loved the disruption of the CT although he was pretty conservative car wise personally with a constant stream of new Benz-es every 6 months I think (out of boredom of the car industry back then perhaps). I remember the MacBooks starting to get milled out of a single piece of aluminium and the iPhone going from flowy shaped to iPhone 4 also getting a hard chine on his guard. From plastic to metals and glass and material tech.

I’m not jumping ship from Tesla based on this (unsurprising) news, and have my doubts about whether Apple Car will fit me at all, but I wonder whether it will be an “iPhone SE” people’s car or an “iPhone 12 Pro Max whatever” premium monster.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
can't access your luggage when you have paralell parked. have to squeeze in between parked vehicles...
if you can't open it while parallel parked? You couldn't get into any other trunk. This one doesn't require you to squeeze, it sticks out so you can grab it from the side without doing that.

-Crissa
Sponsored