Toyota president: Tesla has ‘not created a real business in the real world yet’

TruckDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-motor
Country flag
I've had 2 Priuses and a Camry, and was about to buy a Prius Prime, but Toyota wouldn't even offer the latest Toyota Safety Sense suite that had been in the Camry for quite awhile.

I was also very interested in the RAV4 Prime, but now I'm into Tesla.

Bye Toyota.
Sponsored

TruckDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-motor
Country flag
Another thing about the RAV4 Prime is Toyota is only producing 5,000 of them this year, even though they could probably sell 10 times that. I refuse to get on a dealer waiting list and pay a dealer markup fee.

Either an epic fail, or can't get the batteries to do more.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Either an epic fail, or can't get the batteries to do more.
Yes.

This is why Tesla is so far ahead of the curve: They saw the bottleneck and did something about it. GM just admitted they're five years behind. Who else thought to make their own batteries?

-Crissa

TruckDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-motor
Country flag
Yes.

This is why Tesla is so far ahead of the curve: They saw the bottleneck and did something about it. GM just admitted they're five years behind. Who else thought to make their own batteries?

-Crissa

GM: Get on eBay and see what we can get from China. Hopefully, it will be as good as their fake reviews say.

Reviews: Occasionally charges, occasionally starts fires. Double your house insurance and you collect for a profit when the house burns down.

GM: We will make a ton on warranty repairs that the fine print doesn't cover. Call it the Volt, Bolt and Spark, but don't say we didn't warn you.
Sponsored