Truck Camper Options w/ Pics

SKUUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3
Country flag
I've been looking into different options for a truck camper to integrate into the CT. Giant, fingers crossed that they build a couple of electrical outlet options into the bed and have a powered back window for climate control. It currently looks like the backglass is likely non-movable, based on the skeleton photos.

Unfortunately, I think Tesla found that a fixed back panel was required for torsional rigidity and to meet their desired load/towing capacities, and this is likely why the backglass could require a urethane and bolted-in installation since fixed glass is structural. Fingers crossed again that they devised a way to plumb additional a/c ducts into the "vault" through those ~9" cut-outs in the cab's back panel. Tesla understands that many people are already using their cars for camping, so I hope they made the right decision for many of their customers, even if it is a minority.

I've toyed around with the idea of having a Hiatus Camper or something similar custom-built to the layout/volume of a Tune M1, as I'd prefer something with hard walls. I'm not a fan of the wedged Space Camper tent, so I'm looking elsewhere. Cyberlander is way too pricey and likely prone to failure, IMO.

Below are a couple of others I've found; Loki's will be stupid expensive. Camp365's design is okay and might be worth the price, but it is yet to be seen. These are the only two that are likely guaranteed to make it to market since both are established companies with other models already in production. Obviously, any design will have to be different from every other truck out there due to the rail-to-roof bedsides.

What type of build-outs have you guys and gals been considering? Cheers...

https://camp365.com/models/model-t/

Tesla Cybertruck Truck Camper Options w/ Pics 1695594367543

Tesla Cybertruck Truck Camper Options w/ Pics 1695594348868

https://www.lokiexpedition.com/cybertruck-edition-pre-order

Tesla Cybertruck Truck Camper Options w/ Pics 1695595201501

https://www.hiatuscampers.com/

Tesla Cybertruck Truck Camper Options w/ Pics 1695595491590

https://www.tuneoutdoor.com/tune-m1

Tesla Cybertruck Truck Camper Options w/ Pics 1695595552966
Sponsored

Last edited:

borkyborkbork

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruk
Country flag

BeastSlayer

Banned
Banned
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Ryder
Occupation
Chief Investment Officer of MyLooseChange
Country flag
I was hoping Lance and/or Northern Lite would design and make one for Cybertruck.

Wifey very specific in bath/toilet, ref, a/c, stove and microwave. She love her sofa in our trailer but realized it's a no-go on a camper, lol.

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
Yeahhhhhh, about that...

So if the CT bed is 6'2", and you have 1.5" walls, and the "convertible bed" is 6', and the gate gives you 30" more. Then the shower is ~12" deep. Measure that out and try to take a shower in it. (remember, in the render ALL the walls for the sleeping area AND bath area fit inside the bed when pushed down) And if you are over 5'11", How are you going to (comfortably) sleep??? And if you make the sleeping bed longer than 6 feet, then it won't fit in the bedroom?

I think they are being a bit optimistic...

borkyborkbork

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruk
Country flag
Yeahhhhhh, about that...

So if the CT bed is 6'2", and you have 1.5" walls, and the "convertible bed" is 6', and the gate gives you 30" more. Then the shower is ~12" deep. Measure that out and try to take a shower in it. (remember, in the render ALL the walls for the sleeping area AND bath area fit inside the bed when pushed down) And if you are over 5'11", How are you going to (comfortably) sleep??? And if you make the sleeping bed longer than 6 feet, then it won't fit in the bedroom?

I think they are being a bit optimistic...

Yea, I agree that I'll have to check it out in person before I pull the trigger.

Though please notice that walls look to be around .5" rather than 1.5" which should make a difference.

Also Sandy Munroe's company is involved with the design, so that helps give it some extra validity in my mind.
Sponsored