Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Ridiculous. Tesla has 3 Gigafactories machines and more planned. How could BEV peak when It hasn’t started yet?

Today I got my first electric bill moving into all-electric accommodation ’cuz AGW. This put my billing into a $0.154 kWh rate. Keep a long story short its ~ equal to paying gas and electric at our other house. But now I’m in a different rate zone.

Thought bubble… dreams of BEV, ElectricUTV, convection cooktop, etc… are being captured by the GRID. These are visions of sugar plums dancing! Today’s fully integrated battery BEV is dinosaur. Future EV’s must go battery “re-use”.

“Modular re-use” where battery packs load into other vehicles, for other purposes and electric motors are hot-swappable from one vehicle to other transport, equipment or application. Abstracting the integrated now; it becomes distribution, energy, power and platform layers from here out. Grid operators are pricing away consumer mirror imaging their pasts in electrons. Its financially unsustainable.

Tesla BEV is being eaten by electrons. It‘s very survival from disruption will be leveraging its technology to whatever a customer needs, when he needs it, in such a way he can’t afford NOT owning Tesla products from car to truck, to lawnmower, to backup power, to UTV, to tractor to etc… all hot-swappable! All networked into Tesla‘s plug ‘n go UX.

That 1M mile, ridiculous 100yr. battery technology arrived JIT. TSLA is gonna need it and you’re gonna want it.
Sponsored