Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Russia does not want and will never want nuclear war. USA shares the same sentiment.

Putin on the other hand, as all dictators who remain in power too long, can get crazy in the end. A strong, firm hand approach is needed IMO.
I’m not confident of Putin’s sanity at this point.

A fair number of previously loyal oligarchs have turned up dead lately. The whole situation in Russia is downgrading.

I’m not super worried about it, but it’s concerning.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Not really. I'm fairly certain you know exactly what MW said.
...and yet you haven't cited a single piece of evidence for this conspiracy except hinting at one supposedly terrible tweet, ignoring the pattern of months or years of abuse it took to get anyone else banned.

As an example, Babylon Bee isn't banned, all they have to do is not tweet a transphobic insult. They have refused. That's not a conspiracy, they have a pattern of pawning off abusive tweets as 'jokes'. If something is the same thing abusive bigots and trolls do, it isn't a joke.

-Crissa

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Here is hoping post close rebounds unrealized loses into unrealized gains so I can buy GI Joe action figures with king fu grips and my wife will not reject my advances at noght

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The question is what “WE” can do?
Nothing, it's beyond the control of "WE".
Good to read you have trust and faith in Biden who is hard at work and does not waste time going out to eat by bringing his lunch.
Do you have faith in Lunch Bucket Joe?

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Nothing, it's beyond the control of "WE".

Do you have faith in Lunch Bucket Joe?
I am not of the same opinion, I do some of what I can, I should do more.

I have trust in Biden reviewing actions and most of policies his administration is driving.

If you asked me the same regarding Trump, well, my six degree of separation is actually three degrees of separation. Regardless of party and political stance, I am a firm no to him. Based on his actions and his deeds prior to his administration, during his administration and post his administration.

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
And what would that be?

Ok, I don't.

Feel the same about LB Joe.
For a start, we can curb our consumer spending and and switch to products not snarled in the supply chain. Not spot, reduce and be prudent.

Example, home use, I have my wife and son take my car over theirs to reduce gas. I take less trips out and plan more on my spend to reduce trips. Doing so has reduce 30 plus gallons of gasoline consumption monthly in my three person family.

Feel the same about LB Joe? Hmmm, cannot access strikethrough

“Feel the same about President Joe Biden.” (Fixed the typos)

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
For a start, we can curb our consumer spending
It's happening already.......and here comes recession in 3, 2, 1........

Feel the same about LB Joe? Hmmm, cannot access strikethrough

“Feel the same about President Joe Biden.” (Fixed the typos)
Ok, President LB Joe.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's happening already.......and here comes recession in 3, 2,
That's not how recessions work. If people are still getting paid and eating food, paying rent and buying houses, we're fine.

Being late on a delivery is not 'a recession'.

-Crissa

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That's not how recessions work.
Yes it is.

"The NBER defines a recession as a significant decline in economic activity spread across the economy, lasting more than a few months, normally visible in real GDP, real income, employment, industrial production, and wholesale-retail sales."

Employment seems to fine. But GDP, industrial production and wholesale-retail sales will decline with less consumer spending and the global economic downturn that is happening right before your eyes. Higher interest rates have already affected new home sales. More negative economic news is forthcoming.

WASHINGTON, April 26 (Reuters) - Sales of new U.S. single-family homes tumbled in March as soaring mortgage rates and prices reduced affordability, but the housing market remains supported by an acute shortage of previously owned properties.

New home sales plunged 8.6% to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 763,000 units last month, the Commerce Department said on Tuesday. February's sales pace was revised higher to 835,000 units from the previously reported 772,000 units.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No, it isn't. Let me mark this up for you.
"The NBER defines a recession as a significant decline in economic activity spread across the economy, lasting more than a few months, normally visible in real GDP, real income, employment, industrial production, and wholesale-retail sales."
There, remember those words.

If housing sales drops enough, they won't need to raise the rate. The banks are just taking profit now, like the oil companies. Oil is back to what it was before the war.

-Crissa

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If housing sales drops enough, they won't need to raise the rate.
The Prime rate follows the Fed Funds Rate. The interest rate banks charge for mortgage loans follows the Prime Rate.
Sponsored