Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
If the Cybertruck factory doesn't happen in Tulsa the Tesla Semi factory for sure!
Will the Semi be produced in it's own factory or share space with the CT and MY in the new factory?

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Will the Semi be produced in it's own factory or share space with the CT and MY in the new factory?

Good question. I'm not sure. Fred Lambert @Electrek mentioned that, according to his sources, the new Cybertruck factory will be built in Austin and he had said that before and after Elon's Tulsa meeting.

Fred also mentioned that a Tesla Semi factory could be built in Tulsa.

Hopefully we'll get more information about all this soon to help quell all the speculation.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
OP
OP

Mythrainder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Compliance
Country flag
Looks like Tesla may have to negotiate with the Creek Tribe. U.S. Supreme Court just made a ruling that much of Eastern Oklahoma including most of the city of Tulsa belongs to the Tribes.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/09/sup...half-of-oklahoma-is-native-american-land.html
As long as the camera is even slightly wider than the trailer you should be able to get a better side view than you could with a mirror. Just like how a curved mirror gives you a wide side view without having to be further outboard a camera can do that and at the same time correct the perspective shift of "objects are closer than they appear". They should even be able to give you zoomed in views of the trailer wheels if you want.
Part of what dictates where a mirror has to be is the location of your eyes, that goes away with a camera.

Working with the Tribes is very enjoyable and they can give incentives only dreamed of at other offerings.
Sponsored