Bothwalien

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3LR
Country flag
If you have your VIN, then it is a possibility.
If not, well it was hopeful thinking.

VINs tend to get assigned before shipping.
Yeah, just to reiterate, my VIN was assigned on my truck’s manufacture date.
Sponsored

Mettalicron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Cybertruck
Occupation
Software Engineer / Business Owner
Country flag
Thanks Bothwailen for the good information. I found the secret lot this afternoon and it had over a hundred different Teslas but only 5 CT’s. But mine was there. My baby was there. To make a long story short I was scheduled to leave for California early this morning for two weeks. I contacted my Tesla Advisor and I have an appointment Wednesday (today since it is midnight) to pick up my Truck. I love these people. Wish me luck. I’m not sure a long roadtrip is the smartest thing to do the day I pick it up but you only live once.
The vin numbers in the lot are 6352, 7120, 71xx mine, 7299, 7530
Thanks to TheDarkRanger as well. It made all the difference to my outcome.
Question for ya… mine is on the secret lot across i15 and id love to have it before our roadtrip next week… who did you contact exactly to get delivery scheduled that quickly?

OP
OP
Bobsi

Bobsi

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S 100D 2017
Country flag
Question for ya… mine is on the secret lot across i15 and id love to have it before our roadtrip next week… who did you contact exactly to get delivery scheduled that quickly?
When I got my vin I was contacted via a message in the app by someone who identified themselves as my Tesla Advisor. He confirmed my truck was still in Austin at that time. All my communication was with him.

OP
OP
Bobsi

Bobsi

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S 100D 2017
Country flag
Update: I picked up my truck Wednesday afternoon 4/24. We packed the truck and left for Northern California about 5pm. We are sleeping in Elko NV. The truck drove like a dream. No issues. Averaged 80mph the speed limit.

OP
OP
Bobsi

Bobsi

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S 100D 2017
Country flag
If you don’t have a Tesla Advisor I would go to PGSC during regular hours and find the most senior person in the showroom. Tell them you have seen your truck on the lot and have a trip scheduled and you would like to schedule delivery. They have good people there and they will try to help you. That is my recent experience.

Bothwalien

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3LR
Country flag
If you don’t have a Tesla Advisor I would go to PGSC during regular hours and find the most senior person in the showroom. Tell them you have seen your truck on the lot and have a trip scheduled and you would like to schedule delivery. They have good people there and they will try to help you. That is my recent experience.
Yup. This.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
When I got my vin I was contacted via a message in the app by someone who identified themselves as my Tesla Advisor. He confirmed my truck was still in Austin at that time. All my communication was with him.
BTW, I believe that goes to a queue that all the Delivery Advisors have access to. You may or may not be getting the same person.
That's actually good, because if it was a single person, then they take days off. As a queue, they continue to help you.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Picked up my truck yesterday!! Surreal.

For the record, I never had a Delivery Advisor contact me. For whatever reason that process has a lot of room for optimizing.
How did you know to pick it up, if no one ever contacted you?

TheDarkRanger

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1966 Ford 4400 Industrial Tractor, 1995 7.0L Ford Dump Truck, 2000 Dodge Dakota 4wd QuadCab, 2000 F350 4wd, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Park Ranger / Astronomy Entertainer
Country flag
I counted 14 in the “secret lots” and 19 in the service center lot. VINs all over the place, as low as 3xxx and up to 78xx. I don’t think I saw 7724, but my wife was patiently waiting while I ran around like a little kid counting trucks and reading VINs.

I did find mine!!! My VIN assignment date (4/10) matches the vehicle manufacture date.

I didn’t check the rest but mine had a rivet in the accelerator already.

Also of note there was one Cyberbeast there.
This is getting exciting you guys!

I still don't have a delivery date for mine. But I'm being happy vicariously with all of you lucky guys, cuz we are all on the same ding-dang team here.

So when my wife and I are up at PG tomorrow (Saturday) taking delivery of her Model Y I should have plenty of time to go CyberTruck VIN snooping.

I was going to "catch them all" and post the last 4 digits but since many might find that to be a violation of privacy (especially those "VIPs" who apparently can't be bothered to come pick up their trucks as is rumored that's what the overworked PG staff are having to deal with).

New plan: Text me at 435-590-9498 if you want me to look for your last 4.

Cheers!

Bothwalien

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3LR
Country flag
How did you know to pick it up, if no one ever contacted you?
I found it on the lot. I don’t live very close but happened to be driving by. Or if they’re open and you have a VIN and you can find Tesla advisor they will look it up for you.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
I found it on the lot. I don’t live very close but happened to be driving by. Or if they’re open and you have a VIN and you can find Tesla advisor they will look it up for you.
How did you get your VIN?

It's pretty much a fallacy if you think that you get assigned a Delivery Advisor. they are just a team of people, FIFO.

And you would have been contacted when they were ready to deliver, you just short-circuited the process. But I expect that you got all the normal communications anyway.

Bothwalien

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3LR
Country flag
Near as I can tell you will be assigned a VIN when your truck is built in Austin, the order of which is at least loosely tied to your reservation # and configuration date.

“Normal” communications for Bobsi included a “Tesla advisor” messaging him on his Tesla app while his truck was still in Austin. “Normal” communications for me was complete radio silence until I showed up in person at Tesla Pleasant Grove with a VIN. I tried once back in February and they couldn’t help me at all without a VIN. I’ll never know when they would have got around to messaging me on their own.
Sponsored