TheDarkRanger

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1966 Ford 4400 Industrial Tractor, 1995 7.0L Ford Dump Truck, 2000 Dodge Dakota 4wd QuadCab, 2000 F350 4wd, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Park Ranger / Astronomy Entertainer
Country flag
No. I am just as boring as can be.

I do have a business in Utah and used that address. So that might have been it.
I knew I should have bought that 3-Rivers Observatory in North Texas instead of just high-grading their best telescopes. LOL!

Things may be bigger in Texas but ALL telescopes grow (for all intents and purposes) when you bring them to southern Utah.
Sponsored

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
No. I am just as boring as can be.

I do have a business in Utah and used that address. So that might have been it.
Ah OK. So your taking delivery in Utah then right?

jaredhobbs

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD Foundation Series
Country flag
95 days and still no VIN 😞. But this is the last week in March so maybe there's still hope for a Jan-Mar delivery? 🤞

Next week is spring break for our kids so I'm hoping we can take delivery before we leave... with my luck the call will come when we're out of the country!

TheDarkRanger

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1966 Ford 4400 Industrial Tractor, 1995 7.0L Ford Dump Truck, 2000 Dodge Dakota 4wd QuadCab, 2000 F350 4wd, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Park Ranger / Astronomy Entertainer
Country flag
95 days and still no VIN 😞. But this is the last week in March so maybe there's still hope for a Jan-Mar delivery? 🤞

Next week is spring break for our kids so I'm hoping we can take delivery before we leave... with my luck the call will come when we're out of the country!
Right there with you!

I've been waiting 90 days for my VIN (RN1127880xx 12/26 order) and subsequent delivery to good-old Pleasant Grove.

When I call the Tesla call center they assure me that VINs are assigned at factory before shipment and shipments continue at normal rate regardless of how backed up a Tesla Service Center gets. And apparently PG isn't the only one where trucks and their owners remain inexplicable un-united for weeks.

So enjoy your vacation because none of us here will fault you if your truck remains unclaimed for a week or two... very much... as far as you know... 🤔🤪

Maybe we should trade trucks? I'll take your truck on my April 8 solar eclipse trip to SW Texas and you can have my Truck when you get back. Mine will probably be available for pickup when I'm "touring" (aka wandering outside the fence wondering why there are no tours available even for stock-holders and/or owners) GigaTexas or StarBase.

Cheers!

HardyBro2

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Nissan Frontier, 2013 Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Musician/Yogi
Country flag
Here we go Utah!!! I hit my email to order mine last week. Need to wait until production ramps and the price comes down. Cograts to everyone getting one. Live in SLC and would love to go for a ride!

bcharleson

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM 2500
Occupation
Military
Country flag
Went to the PG store last week and the rep said he’s delivered 13 Cyberbeasts and a total of about 30 Cybertrucks (with 4 more in parking lot).

Anybody else take deliveries??

Cyberbeast ordered on 3/2 here (Layton/Syracuse)

OP
OP
Bobsi

Bobsi

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S 100D 2017
Country flag
I have no doubt that Tesla assigns the owner to the vin number at the factory in most cases. There are documented stories of people turning down the truck or unable to complete financing or any other number of situations where a vin is reassigned to someone else. Also, I am not certain that Tesla always communicates the vin number to the owner at the factory. It seems to me that the short turn around time at the Pleasant Grove Service Center cannot possibly include factory time to build the truck and ship it to Utah. I have seen CT’s sit on the PG lot for three weeks. I have documented vin numbers. There is some turnover of trucks ongoing but they are understaffed for all the activity going on with model 3 and Y. Waiting is hard. I was hoping Tesla would have a push to deliver CT’s by end of the 1st qtr. (March 31) but no Utah vins have been assigned in many weeks.

jaredhobbs

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Finally saw a Cybertruck IRL this morning while dropping my kid off at school. Guess I won't be the first parent at Clayton with a Cybertruck!

CT looks unreal amongst the other cars. Makes me even more excited to get mine! Today is day 100 since configuration and I'm still waiting on the VIN. My hopes that Tesla would deliver in the stated Jan-Mar timeframe have been dashed 😞. Maybe next week? 🤞

Widget

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model e
Country flag
...and just like that, all is forgiven. Got my VIN today!

0049XX
I ordered the same day as you. Still no vin for me. Maybe next shipment. How did you know you got a vin? Text, email,app?

jaredhobbs

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I ordered the same day as you. Still no vin for me. Maybe next shipment. How did you know you got a vin? Text, email,app?
Just checked the app and then I got an email immediately after.

The email says I need to pick up the truck TOMORROW or they'll give the VIN to someone else and I'll have to wait a few weeks for a new one.

Problem is, my money is in a Vanguard brokerage account so I can't use Plaid to initiate an ACH transfer. I was planning on wiring the funds but of course I can't because they're closed and not open on weekends!

Anyone have any ideas?

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
Just checked the app and then I got an email immediately after.

The email says I need to pick up the truck TOMORROW or they'll give the VIN to someone else and I'll have to wait a few weeks for a new one.

Problem is, my money is in a Vanguard brokerage account so I can't use Plaid to initiate an ACH transfer. I was planning on wiring the funds but of course I can't because they're closed and not open on weekends!

Anyone have any ideas?
dosnt seem like you have many options, unless you can get financing in a day or two and then pay it off when you can liquidate your vangard funds.

jaredhobbs

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
dosnt seem like you have many options, unless you can get financing in a day or two and then pay it off when you can liquidate your vangard funds.
Ended up just financing it with the plan to pay it off on Monday. I'm sitting at the SC waiting for them to finish detailing the truck.

@cgladue feel free to update your site for my entry!

DumpsterFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Mouth Breather
Country flag
Ah ha! I was down there yesterday to try and grab my plates and saw that there were two down there ready for delivery (almost apparently… Haha)

glad one of them is yours!

Congrats! You’re gonna love it!!
Sponsored