2Tri21

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt. Ford Excursion
Country flag
It is an SUV with a roller door trunk. Now except for the .01% that are going to try and use this as a truck, that's a good thing.
Ya Know if VW hadn't already used the name "The Thing" for that funky WWII convertible in the 1970's I would strongly suggest The BiggEE name this thing, "The Thing."

It ain't a truck suv station wagon hatchback, or van.

Its a THING or "Summa" a lot of things.

When I think of (somewhat) driving this "Thing," I see myself sitting comfortably and "away" from the other three Adults, knowing wherever I am going I will get there economically and be proud while driving it and on arrival. That ain't a truck.

I have a reservation for a multitude of reasons. The ones involving the function of this "automobile" (come on many of us don't see it as even an automobile.) Are:
  • It won't fall apart if I don't wash it. (Yes this tops my list.)
  • It is big enough to be comfortable.It is big enough to be "The Party Wagon" locally... or to a tailgate. (Sheeit "Tailgating!?"...I haven't even heard anyone talking about that...)
  • It will be the best Station wagon/hatchback in the world. (Those Town and Country Station wagons can't even hold half this can." And longer road trips...mattress in the back.)
  • It is functionality weakest as a van... Comfy for adults, but not a work van...or work truck.

But it ain't a truck at all...it's more versatile than a truck... and not a truck. It wasn't even designed to be a truck, people that need a truck gripe about it more than all the other groups put together.
I will be using it as a truck occasionally (hauling dirtbike and hopefully it will have good tie downs. And pulling a light camper (3k lbs) and the occasional dirt/building material in the bed) 90%+ of the time it will serve as a family vehicle.
Sponsored

2Tri21

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt. Ford Excursion
Country flag
It is an SUV with a roller door trunk. Now except for the .01% that are going to try and use this as a truck, that's a good thing.
Ya Know if VW hadn't already used the name "The Thing" for that funky WWII convertible in the 1970's I would strongly suggest The BiggEE name this thing, "The Thing."

It ain't a truck suv station wagon hatchback, or van.

Its a THING or "Summa" a lot of things.

When I think of (somewhat) driving this "Thing," I see myself sitting comfortably and "away" from the other three Adults, knowing wherever I am going I will get there economically and be proud while driving it and on arrival. That ain't a truck.

I have a reservation for a multitude of reasons. The ones involving the function of this "automobile" (come on many of us don't see it as even an automobile.) Are:
  • It won't fall apart if I don't wash it. (Yes this tops my list.)
  • It is big enough to be comfortable.It is big enough to be "The Party Wagon" locally... or to a tailgate. (Sheeit "Tailgating!?"...I haven't even heard anyone talking about that...)
  • It will be the best Station wagon/hatchback in the world. (Those Town and Country Station wagons can't even hold half this can." And longer road trips...mattress in the back.)
  • It is functionality weakest as a van... Comfy for adults, but not a work van...or work truck.

But it ain't a truck at all...it's more versatile than a truck... and not a truck. It wasn't even designed to be a truck, people that need a truck gripe about it more than all the other groups put together.
Fmaterial
I want to add, that if Tesla delivers as advertised with price and performance it blows all other Tesla vehicles away in terms of value.

TCT 256004 3M

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Elon:
“The goal was to build a vehicle more versatile than an F-150 and faster than a base 911”
Enter
The Cybertruck

OP
OP

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Elon:
“The goal was to build a vehicle more versatile than an F-150 and faster than a base 911”
Enter
The Cybertruck
An F-150 is only "versatile" if you consider all the different configurations, from the "fleet" to the... well look at what are ALL F 150's. (from $28k to $67k, and they are all called "F 150's)
https://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/20...&s_kwcid=AL!2519!3!272517222872!b!!g!!+f +150

The TUV does practically everything you want a vehicle to do...
and another thread? Impress the shit out of your friends.

Huntsman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Heavy Equipment Ops
Country flag
Does the vehicle deserve to be called Cyber Truck? Does a Mustang have 1 horse power and a tail?
Does a Thunderbird satisfy the Indian mythology?
Can an Avalanche create one? Does the El Camino do anything to The Road?
They are names, in part to appeal to the consumer for marketing purposes. They don’t create Auroras or function only on Equinox’s. Cyber is a unique name, it could just as easily be named a Battery Automobile, but Bat Mobile was already taken.

OP
OP

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Does the vehicle deserve to be called Cyber Truck? Does a Mustang have 1 horse power and a tail?
Does a Thunderbird satisfy the Indian mythology?
Can an Avalanche create one? Does the El Camino do anything to The Road?
They are names, in part to appeal to the consumer for marketing purposes. They don’t create Auroras or function only on Equinox’s. Cyber is a unique name, it could just as easily be named a Battery Automobile, but Bat Mobile was already taken.
When a name is not at all similar to the object it is understood to be a proper name, but chosing "That name" is a problem as it will be miss viewed as a category, and not as a name. Like Light truck.
And then again perhaps if just the "Truck" was removed from the name...then it would be "The Cyber". Kinda cool, and it works when you say it... I have a Cyber. Let's take the Cyber. And it'd be just like the other "trucks" if you wanted to identify it as a truck.
"I got a Dodge Ram." "I got a tacoma.".... "I got a Cyber."
"I got a CR-V." "I got a Grand Cherokee." "I got a Cyber."
"I got an Escalade," "I got an H3." "I got a Cyber."
Don't limit it to being a truck by branding it.
If The Big Ee had stayed with his established branding on his vehicles then it wouldn't be a misleading name.
The name "Cyber Truck" is inaccurate, misleading, and limiting. A better name would have been "Jeff," or inline with your post, "MuskMobile". I'd have named it....hmm let me give this five minutes of thought...
Right of the bat I think "Model T" would be nice because of the ground-setting of both vehicles, but then there is the confusion. So "Tesla T"? Originally, I automatically called it the Tesla Utility Vehicle or the "Tesla UV" or TUV (Pronounced "toov") because it is a whole new kind of SUV.

bfdog

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250, Honda Element, GX470
Country flag
I wonder about the towing capacity. I regularly tow 14,000 with my diesel (my skidsteer or full dumptrailer, etc). Normally frame, springs, brakes, and power dictate towing capacity. Here, between the models I could see only the brakes and power being different but I assume the body, springs, and brakes will be the same among the three models. I plan to keep my diesel for towing heavy, because I can't imagine a first year electric truck being up to the task of working like I abuse my F250. For that reason I ordered a 1 motor but changed it to a two motor. I am curious about the three motor and what features it has to increase towing capacity.

Jerry M.

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
016 Prius Eco
Occupation
MRI TECH
Country flag
Wow!! All interesting arguments!!
For reference, before now, I have never ever owned a truck OR SUV in my entire 67 yr old life. But I just can’t help see the ultimate form following functions aspects to this “ TRUCK”,, sooo, I Put in my reservation. For those old timers who argue it isn’t a truck because it’s different,,, would you also argue that a smartphone ISNT a phone because it has OTHER functions than just a phone?
Or that a smart watch isn’t a watch??
Silly arguments really. I also never wanted a watch,,, until I got my Apple Watch,, now I can’t imagine NOT being without it. I guess you COULD call it a cross over truck. I guess it could slightly be compared to something like an el Camino,, but it’s overall function goes waaaaaaay beyond that. Guess I would call it a truck+.
carry on Gentleman!! Interesting topic.
Like one poster said,, everyday I come across some new unanticipated useful aspect about the CT.
2years is going to be PAINFULLY LONG to wait for mine. At first I was going to get the middle 300+ range model,, but now I think I’ll go ALL in for the trimotor top end model.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
For reasons to lay groundwork for practical jokes, the new vehicle name is Lorraine.

OP
OP

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Wow!! All interesting arguments!!
For reference, before now, I have never ever owned a truck OR SUV in my entire 67 yr old life. But I just can’t help see the ultimate form following functions aspects to this “ TRUCK”,, sooo, I Put in my reservation. For those old timers who argue it isn’t a truck because it’s different,,, would you also argue that a smartphone ISNT a phone because it has OTHER functions than just a phone?
Or that a smart watch isn’t a watch??
Silly arguments really. I also never wanted a watch,,, until I got my Apple Watch,, now I can’t imagine NOT being without it. I guess you COULD call it a cross over truck. I guess it could slightly be compared to something like an el Camino,, but it’s overall function goes waaaaaaay beyond that. Guess I would call it a truck+.
carry on Gentleman!! Interesting topic.
Like one poster said,, everyday I come across some new unanticipated useful aspect about the CT.
2years is going to be PAINFULLY LONG to wait for mine. At first I was going to get the middle 300+ range model,, but now I think I’ll go ALL in for the trimotor top end model.
Yeaaaah? I see where you went off the tracks.... A smartphone is not the name the company assigned to the device.... Galaxy 10, One Plus, Razr. The outlier is the Iphone. And with the Iphone it is the normal branding for Apple...Iphone, Ipad. Ihome. yes all those devices are Smartphones.... And many articles have been written that they aren't phones. When the first portable phones were sold they were phones.
The Cyber. I can agree with the name "Cyber" because it isn't, just as the firebird wasn't a firebird. When you remove the aspect of naming it for a category of vehicles then it has a name. Just as no company made the first smartphone and called it "THE Smartphone." And all angular designed vehicles with a vault( Vault is what Tesla calls the bed, and having abed is what some require it for a vehicle to be called a truck.) will now be designated in the category "Cyber Trucks"?
So you see my viewpoint, name it "THE JOLLY ROGER" and I'd be happier. But naming it what could be a new category, Smartphones/Cybertrucks, is disingenuous to branding and naming. And may seed misinformation and confusion in the public.

Rootinboy

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Country flag
I don't really care about what the Cybertruck really is. I'll use it as an SUV and its "being nothing but everything" will crush the market.
Truck...SUV... Whatever, I want it. This hauling tons of lumber in the SUV is getting old!!!

Tesla Cybertruck Versatility? This ain't a truck. D4E670EE-3D87-4FFC-BE8A-0C768F8469F1

Tesla Cybertruck Versatility? This ain't a truck. 5C9C782B-309D-48CE-AC19-FE41444A9E3E

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I will be using it as a truck occasionally (hauling dirtbike and hopefully it will have good tie downs. And pulling a light camper (3k lbs) and the occasional dirt/building material in the bed) 90%+ of the time it will serve as a family vehicle.
Hoping it can fit 3 dirt bikes, or at least 2 (can fit 3 in my 2500hd)....will come down to the front of the bed design and tie downs...bed is long enough at 6.x' and it appears wide enough, but dont see tie down points along the front of the cab, just floor / sides, and concerned the sides may constrain width...we'll see, but I'll figure it out because every other aspect appears awesome! Not getting any younger and having it neal and not needing a separate ramp is awesome after a day of riding single track and not wanting to push a 220b bike into a lifted truck!

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
Truck...SUV... Whatever, I want it. This hauling tons of lumber in the SUV is getting old!!!

D4E670EE-3D87-4FFC-BE8A-0C768F8469F1.jpeg

5C9C782B-309D-48CE-AC19-FE41444A9E3E.jpeg
I wish I had the roll down window in my SUV. I can only haul a few 8’boards inside. I have a ripped head liner and scratches on the dash and other minor damage from using the SUV as a materials hauler. I am going to get 60’ of 2/0 cable today to put in a sub panel and I am wishing I had the ramp into the the vault to put it in. Nope it is going into the back of the SUV.
never thought I would miss a minivan but pulling up to the lumber yard with 2 kids in child seats and loading up with all the supplies I needed for a weekend project was great.

OP
OP

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Rootinboy,
When I first saw your photo I thought you were photoshopping a disproportionately:geek:-sized piece of lumber through the sunroof.
Sponsored