Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Don't make it about a specific vehicle or a call to action. Just sell the stuff, shout it out. People on YouTube aren't...
Dude, that's not how things work. If you don't make it associated to something, you don't really sell any.

See also, JCPenny doing 'always low prices' vs sales events: The average price that they could get for items was higher if they ran lots of discount times because without a sale or limited time offer to motivate people to come into the store, they just... Forgot to.

-Crissa
Sponsored

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Dude, that's not how things work. If you don't make it associated to something, you don't really sell any.

See also, JCPenny doing 'always low prices' vs sales events: The average price that they could get for items was higher if they ran lots of discount times because without a sale or limited time offer to motivate people to come into the store, they just... Forgot to.

-Crissa
I think it's different if you have a store vs a youtuber's merch.

This is basically a go fund me for them to get a CT and then make a ton of money selling the info gained to other companies and also make a ton of money from youtube revenue.

If they just had a merch store and then put out the CT bottle opener and just said check out these super awesome bottle openers, theyre new! theyd probably sell the same amount compared to saying, please help us buy a CT.

Like i mentioned though. I dont mind the way they did it. If it works it works.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I think it's different if you have a store vs a youtuber's merch.

This is basically a go fund me for them to get a CT and then make a ton of money selling the info gained to other companies and also make a ton of money from youtube revenue.

If they just had a merch store and then put out the CT bottle opener and just said check out these super awesome bottle openers, theyre new! theyd probably sell the same amount compared to saying, please help us buy a CT.

Like i mentioned though. I dont mind the way they did it. If it works it works.
Taking orders over the long term by having a storefront takes more effort than doing a short-term popup.

Weird way to move the goalposts, I suppose, but whatevs. Clearly, Munro doesn't want to sell merch. So he's not opening a store of stuff, but instead doing special runs of stuff.

-Crissa

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Taking orders over the long term by having a storefront takes more effort than doing a short-term popup.

Weird way to move the goalposts, I suppose, but whatevs. Clearly, Munro doesn't want to sell merch. So he's not opening a store of stuff, but instead doing special runs of stuff.

-Crissa
At the end of the day, if it gets me my CT teardown videos faster, im down for him getting all the $$ from the superfans. lol

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Lots of higher income professionals working at Munroe's, many probably as partners in a profit sharing arrangement. (and associates)

The teardown would likely happen regardless.. it's their business. Companies would want that report ASAP. (legacy could be paying far less than what he says)

IMO, YouTube is an extra income stream, split with whoever is presenting, but mostly Munroe's.

During Covid one could sense the need for more income,,, he is maybe stuck with building finance, and other overheads to maintain... You tube was an initiative to create another source of income .. and has remained so.
Sponsored

Last edited: