What’s the odds on stock price effect of Thursday reveal?

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
You called it.

The world lost Charlie Munger today... People should listen to what he had to say about his personal long-term investment strategy.
Having spent 20+ years in a BH company, that's sad to hear. The world is now watching what Warren does.
Sponsored

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
You called it.

The world lost Charlie Munger today... People should listen to what he had to say about his personal long-term investment strategy.
Bradman's batting average was 99.94!
A bit like Charlie's run......100 was just in reach.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
You called it.

Maybe I'm not following you, but I didn't call anything, my point was that short term stock moves are a big guessing game, and not very productive overall, to call the timing of such moves. If I wanted to apply myself, I'm probably better than most at it, but it's still just a craps shoot and not worth the time it takes to place the bets and deal with the taxes.

Charlie Munger, RIP. He was a very successful investor because he pared it down to a handful of companies he judged to have a good risk/reward ratio. He was wrong about a lot of companies he didn't invest in, but what matters is those he did invest in were not losers. And that he held for the long-term growth and the compounding that comes with that. He understood the power of compounding and made that work for him. He gave away much of his wealth too, because he didn't live a lavish lifestyle since he knew it impresses no one worth impressing.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Maybe I'm not following you, but I didn't call anything, my point was that short term stock moves are a big guessing game, and not very productive overall, to call the timing of such moves. If I wanted to apply myself, I'm probably better than most at it, but it's still just a craps shoot and not worth the time it takes to place the bets and deal with the taxes.

Charlie Munger, RIP. He was a very successful investor because he pared it down to a handful of companies he judged to have a good risk/reward ratio. He was wrong about a lot of companies he didn't invest in, but what matters is those he did invest in were not losers. And that he held for the long-term growth and the compounding that comes with that. He understood the power of compounding and made that work for him. He gave away much of his wealth too, because he didn't live a lavish lifestyle since he knew it impresses no one worth impressing.
Just a couple of sentences that caught my eye. I understand everyone has their way. My way is the cumulative growth path.

Fleeced lol, and remarried in 2016, we had $800. Now comfortably retired.
A lifetime of experience, focus, hard work and good decisions.

C T Rick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Dodge Sprinter 3500, 2015 Nissan NV 3500, 2013 Chevy Traverse
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
Country flag
I guess todays, Tuesday 11/28 gain of $10.64 / 4.51% / $246.72 close means nothing. it's Fridays results that count.

I feel good with all the new info coming in.

Rick
Sponsored