What will you be towing with your Cybertruck?

• Total voters

Mule Ferguson

First Name
Mule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Model P3D+, F150. Cybertruck Tri Motor
Occupation
House Husband
Country flag
What do you plan on towing with your Cybertruck? Vote above!
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
I voted "boat" but as it's perhaps 0.6 mi from my house to the ramp and it's in in the spring and out in the fall (i.e. 1.2 miles per year) perhaps I should not have.

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
I put small camper however that is if an in vault camping option is not great or will not work for me. Then it will be a camper. I also have a small quad trailer that I use as my truck bed for my SUV and I may keep it too.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
You would do a lot of people here a great service if you could give them some data on Wh/mi when towing that behind the X

OP
OP
Mule Ferguson

Mule Ferguson

First Name
Mule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
House Husband
Country flag
Sorry I misled you. The X pulls 5000lb. I pull it with a F150. The 28 ft Airstream 5923.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Those guys went from 293 Wh/mi with A/C (which is actually unbelievably low) to 800 Wh/mi (w/o A/C) for a range reduction to 37% by towing that trailer (my very crude model estimates 55%). That implies that it takes 1.73 times as much energy to move something that weighs 72% of what the car does. As this is a little fishy (I'd seen it before) I was curious as to what you observe with the Airstream.

The overall message remains the same: it takes more energy to move two vehicles than one.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mule Ferguson

Mule Ferguson

First Name
Mule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
House Husband
Country flag
Sorry: I thank I miss led you. The Model X only tow's 5000 lb. The Airstream weighs. 5923. I use a F150 crew.

Tesla Cybertruck What will you tow with your Cybertruck? IMG_1555
Tesla Cybertruck What will you tow with your Cybertruck? 83176120_2914942035182847_1050792959038980096_n

Last edited:

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
I am having trouble with the TFL video series. I have learned a lot watching the Adventure X series and I am using it to inform myself about the CT performance, however I am not sure about the conclusion video. That was not can the MX tow to a destination, it was how little charging can we do while towing and how does better route planner work. Build more contingency plan into your plan and you will get there. Lack of experience resulted in the failure to reach the destination in time

OP
OP
Mule Ferguson

Mule Ferguson

First Name
Mule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
House Husband
Country flag
Remember these are Drama film makers. He could have turned off the air conditioning. Drive at 65. at the start.. I thank he would been ok. I'v been thru slow down to 55. You have 2 yrs to learn. Lot's of good info on the net..

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/

Blackthorne

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F250 Acura MDX
Occupation
Wireman
Country flag
I am planning on towing a fairly heavy travel trailer, about 8K lbs dry weight. I would opt for a fifth wheel but with those side pillars on the CT that just isn't going to work. The main question I have is how the auto pilot or FSD will work with pulling a trailer. I understand that there is a trailer mode on the X but with it on auto pilot does not work. I am hoping with auto pilot that my wife will feel comfortable enough to give me a break with driving or make it easier to drive with a trailer. I have the tri-motor CT pre-ordered and figure that even with the 500 mile range the trailer pulling range is probably going to be about half that...and that's ok. One other concern has to do with utilizing a super charging station with a trailer and I hope that there will be pull-through options in the future.