What's the deal with side view mirrors?

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
The CT measurements are nearly identical to f150 measurements without mirrors. Prototype was not wider than f150.
Thank you. My bad (memory) then. Thought comparison to F150 was with mirrors. Sorry about that.

Still, also giving CT measurements with side mirrors would destroy the futuristic illusion of the prototype.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
In my experience, they don't. It's the side windows that need snow/frost clearing.
Not in my experience.

But I grew up in the great NorthWet. And in the mountains I live in now, it's common to hit a patch where the temperatures change enough to fog over any open surfaces (which is a pain on the motorcycle when the outside of everything fogs up!)

Maybe a manufacturer has special permission to do this...I wouldn’t know.
They do. They have to ask for it, but they also get special plates, like Dealers do.

-Crissa

Billyboy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra, Honda CRV
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
How would CT cameras see past an 8.5’ wide trailer?

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
You could do the same thing you do with a mirror. Put the camera on a stalk. But I agree with Crissa putting camera on the trailor would be better!

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
If Tesla has really thought about that they either have a telescopic stem in the side view cameras, include wireless cameras with suction cups for big trailers, or there’s a tall telescopic pole with a 360° camera one can put in a hole on the CT somewhere?

I was about to go further with a Tesla follower-drone with camera but that wouldn’t last a very long trip.?

Last edited:

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
We are all waiting to hear if the Feds change the requirements. It is still unknown. Watch the forums here as the moment anyone knows you can expect a dozen comments practically instantly.
The Feds? Count on that edict descending from on high about the time that CT# 1.5 million rolls off the production line. In other words, a day late and a gigawatt short!
Sponsored