When Do You Think the Fremont plant will restart? Is Elon Musk investigating other options?

OP
OP
Handy Artie

Handy Artie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Mercedes Sprinter 2500
Occupation
Retired surgical oncologist
Country flag
Look for a convoy of Tesla Semi’s built at Gigafactory 1 to move the Model Y assembly line from Fremont CA to Sparks NV sometime soon. It’s just history repeating itself when Toyota left Torrance CA for Texas in 2016 having left Fremont a couple of years earlier.

K Doc Brown 007

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Fusion & 2019 Jeep Rubicon
Country flag
I wouldn’t be surprised if Elon says fu to the lack of freedoms/ liberties under the progressive liberal agenda of California. It’s a smart business decision. Oddly it’s not about politics... Elon is not about politics. He’s a free intellectual thinker. California is being a pita to him and his business. If someone/ something is a pain to me and my business, I’ll go somewhere they want me.
ha! Looks like was correct ??

Cyber1qhorsey

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD Expedition, Escape, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hell, he'll open when it's relatively safe. There's some next-gen covid testing capability he can tap into!

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I wouldn’t be surprised if Elon says fu to the lack of freedoms/ liberties under the progressive liberal agenda of California. It’s a smart business decision. Oddly it’s not about politics... Elon is not about politics. He’s a free intellectual thinker. California is being a pita to him and his business. If someone/ something is a pain to me and my business, I’ll go somewhere they want me.

Really because it sound like hes drinking the federalist (and Trump cult) kool-aid. Everything he's tweeted about this almost verbatim on most conservative conspiracy theory sites.

OP
OP
Handy Artie

Handy Artie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
So what’s the Kool Aid? If you want to help yourself and are young and healthy get along with your life, job, schooling. Are you going to wait for a politician to tell you why two weeks of quarantine is never enough? They’ll never do that. Nor will they tell you that the only sure way to get immunity from Covid 19 is to catch the infection as you go about your business as usual. Guess what, immunocompetent working people who get the infection usually don’t even know it. Should you quarantine yourself only if you test positive by the latest antigen test? Who’s going to pay for your test? If you feel sick just quarantine yourself and tell your physician. They’ll give advice about best palliative treatment which works for them. They’re not going to be able to cure you. Your intact immune system does but they’ll let you know what to do if it’s faulty. Are you waiting for a vaccine before you go back to work? You’ll probably never work again and find artificial satisfaction in other ways. Should you return to work only if you test positive for an antibody to the virus? That’ll cost you or your employer $119 at Quest Labs but isn’t specific for Covid19.
if you think I’m selling you KoolAid, I bet you think I’m a racist. As a retired surgeon, I just don’t like dumb doctors. We used to call them fleas.

OP
OP
Handy Artie

Handy Artie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
An intact immune system is what cures individuals of all Corona viruses, from the 1916 Spanish Flu, to SARS, to H1N1 and now Covid19. When 60-70% of the local population becomes immune it’s ok to liberate those without an intact immune system from protective isolation. Politicians only tell you what they want you to hear so you all know that there is a high case mortality rate in people who live in nursing homes. There’s a reason they live in nursing homes and need to be protected from all pandemics, Their immune systems are compromised. It’s either ineffective or overactive (cytokine storm) if they’re accidentally exposed to the virus as when a clueless politician forces the nursing home to accept patients with positive tests for the Covid19 virus. I would say that those nursing home deaths were actually facilitated by Covid19 testing.

Aces-Truck

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Prius
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
The way I see it, reopening the Plant is an important step in us all getting our CT's. It doesn't mater the why, as long as it doesn't get shut back down.

OP
OP
Handy Artie

Handy Artie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Why does it take herd immunity to reach 60-70% of a local population before nursing home patients are safe to mingle with younger family members? Because the virus dies out when there are a minority of living humans to infect. But if you’re afraid of infecting family elders in nursing homes before that happens, just be sure your Covid19 active virus test is negative x2 before you visit. If you’re not a politician who do you think is going to pay for that?

OP
OP
Handy Artie

Handy Artie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Aces Truck and all,
the only thing that worries the Alameda Health Department is that the number of confirmed cases of Covid19 is increasing, probably because of accidental nursing home infections. This is going to happen until 60-70% of the population of the SF Bay Area experiences unconfirmed, asymptomatic infection which leads to herd immunity. That may take months more than than if there were no lockdown or shelter in place orders. I can understand why politicians hate Elon Musk who with great accuracy, called them dumb, But I don’t understand why they hate nursing home patients so much. Maybe it’s because they don’t vote and don’t pay taxes.

K Doc Brown 007

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Fusion & 2019 Jeep Rubicon
Country flag
Really because it sound like hes drinking the federalist (and Trump cult) kool-aid. Everything he's tweeted about this almost verbatim on most conservative conspiracy theory sites.
It’s probably a matter of perspective. My demographically area is split pretty evenly politically. It may also depend on news media of choice. But as I talk to people in my area, there are democrats and republicans that want to open. Additionally, there are both parties that want it shut. I’d imagine if someone lives in a dominate party area, the perspective may be different.

personally, I view myself as an independent thinker. I don’t agree with either party in a lot of areas. Elon early on probably was identified as more democrat due to his business being built around environmentalism.

just my 2 cents
Sponsored