Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
Might have to drag some photos of the CyberTruck into Photoshop and give some ideas down for different wraps...

Of course would have to do some standard geeky/nerdy ones (back to the future, Star Wars, Star Trek, etc).

Now, if they make some of those that you can have output light, I think you could do a CyberTruck up to look very much like it came from Tron.
Sponsored

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Might have to drag some photos of the CyberTruck into Photoshop and give some ideas down for different wraps...

Of course would have to do some standard geeky/nerdy ones (back to the future, Star Wars, Star Trek, etc).

Now, if they make some of those that you can have output light, I think you could do a CyberTruck up to look very much like it came from Tron.
Electroluminescent plastic.
http://www.electroluminescent-provider.com/install-sticker/

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
Can we get some information on the processing/finishing of the Stainless Steel material? DIN/ASTM requirements being done to the material?
Deutsches Institut fĂĽr Normung e.V. (DIN; in English, the German Institute for Standardization) Society for Testing and Materials & American Society for Testing and Materials

Cysco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
50th Anniversary Porsche 911, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
Country flag
I’ve seen countless airstreams on the road that are highly polished. It’s cool for a vintage trailer. For a CT? Man, I don’t know. To each there own, just remember, that “mod” is likely permanent. When the day comes to get rid of your CT many a buyer might see what you did as ruining it.

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
I’ve seen countless airstreams on the road that are highly polished. It’s cool for a vintage trailer. For a CT? Man, I don’t know. To each there own, just remember, that “mod” is likely permanent. When the day comes to get rid of your CT many a buyer might see what you did as ruining it.
I mean if u spend cash, or hours polishing it. You can always spend cash or hours unpolishing(sanding) it.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
I like matte.

Gvardaman

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW 330ci, VW Corrado (non-op)
Occupation
Country flag
Engine turn the entire truck!!!

Harleytank.jpg
that would be really amazing!
Unfortunately,probably also exorbitantly expensive, due to the time involved.

JohnnyWeb

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model3, Ford F-350, F450, CyberTruck-Tri-Motor
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
okay. well,

if these are allowed on the road I don't see why the cybertruck would be any different

1580330851368.png
I've been blinded by far more windshield. They might pull you over but not for the mirror finish. :cool:

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
okay. well,

if these are allowed on the road I don't see why the cybertruck would be any different

1580330851368.png
The issue with the Cybertruck would be that it's surfaces are near flat. My HD VROD has mirror polished body tins (fenders and tank) and they do not pose reflective issues because the surfaces are curved and thus defuse the light. The instrument cluster housing on my VROD was also polished to a mirror as well and though it only had less than a 1/2 inch flat ring around the top, it would flash me in the eyes every so often. I ended up powder coating the housing not long after and problem solved. The tanker above also would defuse the light so you really would never get a laser beam blast from it.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
The issue with the Cybertruck would be that it's surfaces are near flat. My HD VROD has mirror polished body tins (fenders and tank) and they do not pose reflective issues because the surfaces are curved and thus defuse the light. The instrument cluster housing on my VROD was also polished to a mirror as well and though it only had less than a 1/2 inch flat ring around the top, it would flash me in the eyes every so often. I ended up powder coating the housing not long after and problem solved. The tanker above also would defuse the light so you really would never get a laser beam blast from it.
Yeah, I am not a fan of chrome where it will reflect into my face on my bike either... I covered it with a tank bag and eventually just let it get dirty and didn't clean it and problem solved... ;)

5UBV3T

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MY Dual Motor, CT Dual Motor preordered
Occupation
Test Engineer
Country flag
Anyone here good enough with photoshop to come up with a polished render?

Seriously considering polishing it to a mirror finish..

Makes me think of all those fancy chrome wrapped cars I see downtown.

1580310378333.png
I'm already figuring in a vinyl wrap. I personally hate chrome. Shiny takes work cuz it never stays shiny! I'll probably wait to see what the SS looks like after a year and then wrap it in a matte color. I love the "concrete" color that Toyota used on their TRD Pros.

1ofafew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri Motor
Country flag
Oh do it anyway! You’re a rebel,
i mean, you do have a CT!
Paint some nose art on it and let it fly !

kinda a joke but not really.
how about a 2 tone! You could buff top half of truck to a mirror and leave bottom half matte. Bottom half wouldn’t reflect in other drivers eyes, and top half would reflect more sun keeping inside cooler. There is a crisp hard line down the side of the CT anyway. Perfect place to create the edge.
we can get around this im thinking
Great idea
Sponsored