Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
I don't think you understand what hit Texas.

Sure, they're unprepared for the cold.

But they got hit with high winds, thunderstorms, and freezing rain when it arrived. The kind of weather which has paralyzed Canada. See also 2013.

I hate that I have to defend Texas, of all places.

-Crissa
I have seen the texas situation.

It was a glimpse of a Canadian winter.

the difference is that texas didn't prepare for it.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I have seen the texas situation.

It was a glimpse of a Canadian winter.

the difference is that texas didn't prepare for it.
No.

It was colder than the average winter temperatures in Canada where most people live.

It was also more severe (wind and precipitation) than the weather the same places in Canada gets in the winter.

Canadians would have been digging out for a week, too, from busted power lines and trees and ice-covered roads. It was exactly the kind of weather that sucks, even if you're prepared for cold or snow.

Stop making me defend Texas. They weren't prepared for just cold, let alone severe weather, and their government is stupid.

-Crissa

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
No.

It was colder than the average winter temperatures in Canada where most people live.

It was also more severe (wind and precipitation) than the weather the same places in Canada gets in the winter.

Canadians would have been digging out for a week, too, from busted power lines and trees and ice-covered roads. It was exactly the kind of weather that sucks, even if you're prepared for cold or snow.

Stop making me defend Texas. They weren't prepared for just cold, let alone severe weather, and their government is stupid.

-Crissa
I agree the Texas government is stupid. And who puts water pipes in the ceiling ??? wtf ??? 8D

Regarding winters where most canadians live; demographically that would be Vancouver and Toronto, 2 cities that don't experience what so many canadians would define as winter.