Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Here in the U.S. With Tesla Superchargers of course!

Switzerland to get Europe’s largest electric vehicle charging hub
The Local
[email protected]
@thelocalswitzer
12 June 2018
15:29 CEST+02:00
green energyelectric carstesla

The hub will feature 60 so-called Superchargers.

Swiss energy firm EBL plans to create an E-Mobility Hub in in the canton of Basel-Landschaft which could be used by 130,000 cars a day.

The company’s electro-mobility innovation centre will feature 280 charging points for electric vehicles including 60 so-called Superchargers, EBL said in a statement.

The facility to be located just off the A2 highway in Pratteln will also house workshops for research projects, coworking spaces, concept stores and showrooms for electric carmakers, and meeting rooms.

EBL has partnered up with the canton of Basel-Land and the FHNW University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland for the project.

Recently, the Swiss government said it wanted 15 percent of all vehicles to be electric by 2022. In its statement, EBL said it believes the new E-Mobility Hub will help provide the necessary infrastructure for growth in the sector.

The interior of the planned centre. Photo: ZVG/EBL

The power company noted energy requirements for the hub were expected to hit 20,000 megawatt hours a year within 10 years, equivalent to the power needs of some 5,000 households.

This energy will be fully supplied by local power sources including solar energy, hydropower and wood fuel.

The EBL hub is slated to begin operations in 2023.

Source: The Local.CH
Sponsored

CybertronUK

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara, Hulux Invincible
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Here in the U.S. With Tesla Superchargers of course!

The Local
[email protected]
@thelocalswitzer
12 June 2018
15:29 CEST+02:00
green energyelectric carstesla

The hub will feature 60 so-called Superchargers.

Swiss energy firm EBL plans to create an E-Mobility Hub in in the canton of Basel-Landschaft which could be used by 130,000 cars a day.

The company’s electro-mobility innovation centre will feature 280 charging points for electric vehicles including 60 so-called Superchargers, EBL said in a statement.

The facility to be located just off the A2 highway in Pratteln will also house workshops for research projects, coworking spaces, concept stores and showrooms for electric carmakers, and meeting rooms.

EBL has partnered up with the canton of Basel-Land and the FHNW University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland for the project.

Recently, the Swiss government said it wanted 15 percent of all vehicles to be electric by 2022. In its statement, EBL said it believes the new E-Mobility Hub will help provide the necessary infrastructure for growth in the sector.

The interior of the planned centre. Photo: ZVG/EBL

The power company noted energy requirements for the hub were expected to hit 20,000 megawatt hours a year within 10 years, equivalent to the power needs of some 5,000 households.

This energy will be fully supplied by local power sources including solar energy, hydropower and wood fuel.

The EBL hub is slated to begin operations in 2023.

Source: The Local.CH
That’s a well thought out location. Basel is a massive entry point into Switzerland and A2 on the way to Zurich. Will be useful when I visit my brother who’s only half an hour away.?
More countries should do this if the EV market is really to expand.

Gvardaman

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW 330ci, VW Corrado (non-op)
Occupation
Country flag
I would love that but no way will it fit in my garage.

come to think of it, I am not sure a Cybertruck will fit into my garage!

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
In the future, after Semi is well into production and in use, I can see the need and desire for these as a retrofit to traditional semi truck stops. The largest one, outside Walcott, IA, would be prime for a set up.
Sponsored