ituner-HF

First Name
Andrei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S, X and 3, Waiting for Cybertruck
Country flag
I usually don't clean the exterior of my white Tesla Model Y but THIS gives me OCD. Looks like somebody attempted to clean it and it was not 'perfect'. Will all Cybertrucks look like this after few weeks of use?

Tesla Cybertruck Cleaning Cybertruck 1655705265430
Sponsored

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
It looks like there is some oil on the door panel and the brightness curves of the photo have been adjusted which makes it stand out more.

TBONO

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Who knows what that truck has been through.
Youā€™ll have more option for moving stuff/dirt from stainless steel without damage than paint so I wonā€™t lose any sleep on this one. Also no reported issues on DeLoreans, all the blood and coke just scrubbed right off šŸ˜‰

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Relections off the pavement?

Paradox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Escalade ESV Platinum, CT TriMotor FSD
Country flag
I think thatā€™s the problem with using stainless steel cleaner made for appliances, the product smears and is sometimes oily, not what you want in a vehicles surface. I posted in the ceramic coating thread what was recommended to me for the SS panels on a DeLorean and it is a product called Optimum No Rinse wash and wax. Itā€™s often called ONR for short. The recommendation came from the founder of Opticoat, one of the earlier and imo better ceramic coatings out there. ONR works amazing for maintenance washings on regular cars unless they are heavily soiled, it isnā€™t recommended.

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
I think thatā€™s the problem with using stainless steel cleaner made for appliances, the product smears and is sometimes oily, not what you want in a vehicles surface. I posted in the ceramic coating thread what was recommended to me for the SS panels on a DeLorean and it is a product called Optimum No Rinse wash and wax. Itā€™s often called ONR for short. The recommendation came from the founder of Opticoat, one of the earlier and imo better ceramic coatings out there. ONR works amazing for maintenance washings on regular cars unless they are heavily soiled, it isnā€™t recommended.
So Say We All!

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
I'm planning on just washing and waxing the Cybertruck, just like my painted vehicles, although I won't apply as many coats nor will I wax it very often. I think the Cybertruck looks best a little dirty, like it just drove through a few mud puddles.

Remember, the Cybertruck will be made of a different alloy than the DeLorean and it will be cold-rolled stainless steel and much thicker which will affect the way it develops a 'look' as it gets dirty in different environments. It will also not scratch or dent in the same manner as a DeLorean.

Overall, I'm not too concerned with how it looks. If it bothers me, I can always give it a quick wash and let the 'patina' re-establish itself.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
I usually don't clean the exterior of my white Tesla Model Y but THIS gives me OCD. Looks like somebody attempted to clean it and it was not 'perfect'. Will all Cybertrucks look like this after few weeks of use?

1655705265430.png
No way man. Stainless steel is the best part of Cybertruck, Elon's not gonna fuck this one up, believe me. Just look at the parade of Deloreans that are still around, you never hear people griping about the finish. And they still look as beautiful as they did over 40 years ago!!! Plus, it's safe to say we've learned a lot in the last forty years.
It's like a SS safe!
Sponsored