Berno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Tacoma, TLR200
Occupation
Carpenter
Country flag
The suspension looks interesting. I’ve seen this truck around before. Hopefully I’ll get a chance to get some photos while it’s parked.

Tesla Cybertruck Humm along with me 4543476D-4768-44C8-9346-D5EDD2F7928A
Tesla Cybertruck Humm along with me D9BA664D-0FA8-4340-BFC1-832F11A08C84
Tesla Cybertruck Humm along with me 17D0D290-EEBA-4CB9-B489-69B49C0EB054
Tesla Cybertruck Humm along with me 7CF9B7B9-A412-4569-89D5-7FF0C6D1B7AA
Tesla Cybertruck Humm along with me 6E935CEC-5374-4E7B-8FF3-E70763E46F48
Tesla Cybertruck Humm along with me F9B5E1FD-B89E-4E65-A652-BB00E75E8AEF
Tesla Cybertruck Humm along with me A3CCD4B3-D8B4-47D0-A1B9-E43B42C772B7
Sponsored

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
looks to be full air suspension, no springs?

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Lol EV haters...can never win in the race to the bottom. Ride a bike.

Time to get the V8 ICE out again, if we're going to hear the same old nagging tree huggers anyway... :p

I had a visit from a guy with a H2 a while back, I asked him how it does with fuel consumption. He said, "it's just like any other car, when its empty you fill it up". :LOL:

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Riding awful tall for the freeway. What a wasteful beast.

-Crissa
That was my first thought also. I'm looking forward to taking advantage of adjustable ride height, and having my CT low, unless I'm needing some ground clearance.

I'm kinda funny about that. I can't stand extremely lifted trucks driving around public highways. Once I saw an accident where an idiot with his lifted truck T-boned a lady, and his high ass bumper went right through her side windows. Instant death!

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
So because it uses 30% more per mile than a Lightning/R1T its wasteful and a sign its an anti hippie EV? :ROFLMAO:

Are there still any hippies? Or have they changed their attire so they can roam the halls of congress?

If you put a rack or pop up camper on a CT it will use the same, a trailer even more.

Time to get a grip, if anything stop compromising on what you can justify for yourself, and stop driving all together, then you don't need roads or manufacturing plants either. If you were a true believer then every car would be a tree killer.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Riding awful tall for the freeway. What a wasteful beast.

-Crissa
The Hummer has adjustable suspension but looking at their video, it looks like the “Low” setting is still pretty high. The truck in the pictures at the top looks like it’s not actually in highway mode. Maybe some asshat who wants to drive up high and doesn’t care about range for the moment?

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Got to be one of the best fluff pieces I've read on here that is just trying desperately to push a political view with every letter. Sorry but I call B.S.

Hummer was never originally made for civilian use. It was a military vehicle civilians converted. This was long before EV1 and any presumed "anti green" mantra.

If so why did you buy the brand? Just shows how blind the hypocrisy makes you.

Who would of imagined the Hummer name infuriates the braided hair hippies even if it's "greener" than their own "hybrid" life choices?

All talk no butter mate.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
The Hummer has adjustable suspension but looking at their video, it looks like the “Low” setting is still pretty high. The truck in the pictures at the top looks like it’s not actually in highway mode. Maybe some asshat who wants to drive up high and doesn’t care about range for the moment?

Do you know how much difference the ride height makes to the Hummer EV consumption?

Lower is not always better, you can make the aero work off the ground too, airplanes also fly off the ground.

Bring some data to the dissing at least.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
They literally created Hummer-specific dealerships which traded in fancy ego cars, too. Fancy ones, trying to be a prestige brand.

It was so satisfying when they went out of business. The one in Santa Clara sat empty for awhile and is now a grungy used guitar store that I rather like. ^-^

-Crissa

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I have zero brand loyalty so GM marketing is not my fight to make. The original Hummer brand was fit for purpose as a military vehicle and I couldn't give two hoots what you think GM made out of the "marketing" when they bought the brand. I just like cold hard facts and the engineering, tools for the job.

BTW What name calling, the hippie thing? Jeez. What do you prefer? The movement has to be called something and you brought up the terminology in detail as part of your arguement against Hummer and GM.

FYI what ticks me off is people claiming something about a particular vehicle without understanding or producing any evidence of its performance, just to push their political agenda because of a name.

That is the definition of bias and ignorance, and is the same name calling bullying tactics by the "popular kids" in school everyone hates.

I for one don't mind the Hummer EV, or previously the H1 when I was young and dumb, yeah sure its fatter than it needs be, but I don't mind the look or in particular its offroad performance and some features. There's some good technical and design decisions in there as well, and I hope Tesla is watching to do better with the CT.

As for bagging it because it's owner is running the suspension "too high" (maybe he just got it?) or its so wasteful etc, at least put in some effort why this is technically so rather than just letting your emotional name calling run rampant.

I'm interested in the engineering of the tool, not the politicalisation of tools.
Sponsored

Last edited: