Mark H

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Denali
Country flag
Hope getting arrested doesn’t interfere with his top secret clearance with spaceX
He got into a little trouble when he smoked that joint in that podcast
Sponsored

Cyber1qhorsey

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD Expedition, Escape, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Saw his most recent podcast with Joe Rogan. Elon is ethically challenged, but still truly a genius. He's in production purgatory. And I am not a troll, or Elon hater. I got 'is ball cap and 'is CT tee shirt to prove it!

Handy Artie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Mercedes Sprinter 2500
Occupation
Retired surgical oncologist
Country flag
Elon has more flexibility than you guys think with Shanghai running at full tilt on 3’s and soon Y’s, he can ship excess to Oakland to serve demand for small traditional cars in North America. That’s an Apple type move if Alameda County officials call his hand and he conserves next generation NV batteries for Tesla Semi, CT and Roadster built in TX or NV. I see lots more online inventory available in South Florida for S,X and 3 nowadays because of the Covid19 scare so he’s also trying to help restart the economy.

brianbarn

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mustang, 2014 Explorer
Country flag
Mr. Musk's decision to ignore the rule of law in Alameda County and to endanger workers for the sake of profit has led me to cancel my Cybertruck reservation. I was looking forward to having a Cybertruck, and I'm not trying to incite a flame war, but actions have consequences.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Mr. Musk's decision to ignore the rule of law in Alameda County and to endanger workers for the sake of profit has led me to cancel my Cybertruck reservation. I was looking forward to having a Cybertruck, and I'm not trying to incite a flame war, but actions have consequences.
He's not forcing anyone back to work. So if people are going to the factory they are going out of there own FREE WILL. Most people don't have the luxury of going months without pay. You could argue they are getting unemployment but if Tesla were to stay shut down so long they never recover, say bye to 20,000+ jobs. This action has made me support Tesla more than ever.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Inaction also has consequences. I respect your passion. I'm glad grocery stores, department stores, home improvement stores, car dealerships, etc. are all working. I don't see how allowing employees to decide if they feel safe enough to work and actually providing guidance on working safe (like only brining in 1/3 of the plant's people, social distancing, masks, sanitization stations, regular cleaning, etc) is a bad thing. But, like I said, I respect your passion which is quite strong to have you cancel an order for something you were looking forward to.

Hey, that puts me ONE more closer to production! Now, if 300,000 other people would cancel their reservations, that'd be great for me.

Handy Artie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Rule of Law in San Francisco Bay Area Counties still under lockdown? Who voted for it? Who imposed it? It defies the natural laws of herd immunity which has governed most political behavior for hundreds of years. Why is this year special? How about the bill of rights, the first 10 amendments to the Federal constitution? How about the 14th amendment as mentioned in Tesla’s federal suit?

Handy Artie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
There’s a big difference between the Party Line and the Federal Constitution.
The Constitution is for everyone.

Carolinahiker

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler JLU Sahara, Ram 1500
Occupation
Technologist
Country flag
Thanks for moving me up one spot in line.

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag
He's not forcing anyone back to work. So if people are going to the factory they are going out of there own FREE WILL. Most people don't have the luxury of going months without pay. You could argue they are getting unemployment but if Tesla were to stay shut down so long they never recover, say bye to 20,000+ jobs. This action has made me support Tesla more than ever.
Actually you a quite incorrect, they are being told to come back to work. That will kill eligibility for continuing unemployment as you refused work so you have no choice in the matter. It's gestapo tactics on behalf of Tesla and just underscores the ruling billionaire class does not care if you die as long as they make a profit.

Quite sad actually as i have been fond of Tesla and Elon up until now. I thought he was more visionary then this shortsightedness in the name of pure greed does not suit him well.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Actually you a quite incorrect, they are being told to come back to work. That will kill eligibility for continuing unemployment as you refused work so you have no choice in the matter. It's gestapo tactics on behalf of Tesla and just underscores the ruling billionaire class does not care if you die as long as they make a profit.

Quite sad actually as i have been fond of Tesla and Elon up until now. I thought he was more visionary then this shortsightedness in the name of pure greed does not suit him well.
So you are suggesting that Tesla is FORCING people to work?? :rolleyes: YOU are incorrect. They cant FORCE anyone to do anything. This is still the USA. So yeah, if you have been furloughed and are aloud to work again but CHOOSE not to.. yes the government will take away your unemployment. DUH.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag

It seems to me that they have a very well thought out plan (probably just like every other vehicle manufacturer that is starting up next week). Read through it. It is quite impressive the lengths Tesla is going through for their employees. It's not like they are forcing people to work in an unsafe environment with no changes. They are bending over backwards to help.

https://www.tesla.com/sites/default...Tesla-Return-to-Work-Playbook.pdf?redirect=no

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
So you are suggesting that Tesla is FORCING people to work?? :rolleyes: YOU are incorrect. They cant FORCE anyone to do anything. This is still the USA. So yeah, if you have been furloughed and are aloud to work again but CHOOSE not to.. yes the government will take away your unemployment. DUH.
yes you are being forced. If Tesla didn't reopen against the stay at home orders you would not be FORCED to decide between go to work and risk getting sick and possibly die, or stay at home (like you are supposed to) and not have any income at all, lose your home, food, etc.

There is no real choice here. Tesla is making the choice for their employees by reopening when they are not supposed to.

Don't know how much simpler i can make it than that.

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
It seems to me that they have a very well thought out plan (probably just like every other vehicle manufacturer that is starting up next week). Read through it. It is quite impressive the lengths Tesla is going through for their employees. It's not like they are forcing people to work in an unsafe environment with no changes. They are bending over backwards to help.

https://www.tesla.com/sites/default...Tesla-Return-to-Work-Playbook.pdf?redirect=no
The White House had a very well thought out plan to keep the virus our of the west wing too.....now there are two people very close to the POTUS and VP that are sick....no plan that involves getting people together is perfectly safe.

Even doctors and nurses that are in head to toe PPE are catching it.

It is a terrible decision on Musk's part and i can only either chalk it up to corporate greed or making some kind of political statement. Both at the cost of their employees health.
Sponsored

Last edited: