Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
Majority of the Plant power will most likely be Solar.
Sponsored

stumby

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S P90D
Country flag
I took a trip out to the site yesterday. There was mostly corn growing in the fields. Across the street behind the Hutto water tower a rail terminal is being built for shipping products. The area is large and more than plenty of room for a Terra factory. Across Hwy 79 there is a electrical substation that is connected to high voltage transmission lines. So there is plenty of water and electricity for a large plant. This site was offered during Hutto's bid for the first Giga Factory that ended up being built in Nevada. Hutto was runner up, so it makes sense that this site would be chosen now. This site is about 60 miles south from SpaceX's test launch site near McGregor, TX. In the first photo the the address on Google Maps is the farm house just left of center.
IMG_6501.jpg
IMG_6502.jpg
IMG_6503.jpg
IMG_6500.jpg
IMG_6506.jpg
IMG_6510.jpg
Thanks for taking a drive and showing us the site. Crazy to think that by late next year there will be a whole Terafactory standing there and starting to crank out Cybertrucks.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I took a trip out to the site yesterday. There was mostly corn growing in the fields. Across the street behind the Hutto water tower a rail terminal is being built for shipping products. The area is large and more than plenty of room for a Terra factory. Across Hwy 79 there is a electrical substation that is connected to high voltage transmission lines. So there is plenty of water and electricity for a large plant. This site was offered during Hutto's bid for the first Giga Factory that ended up being built in Nevada. Hutto was runner up, so it makes sense that this site would be chosen now. This site is about 60 miles south from SpaceX's test launch site near McGregor, TX. In the first photo the the address on Google Maps is the farm house just left of center.
IMG_6501.jpg
IMG_6502.jpg
IMG_6503.jpg
IMG_6500.jpg
IMG_6506.jpg
IMG_6510.jpg
I had no idea this site was a runner up for the GigaFactory in Nevada. That makes everything seem more plausible, i would imagine they reached out to this sites owner from the beginning of Tesla wanting to build centrally located factory.

Handy Artie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Mercedes Sprinter 2500
Occupation
Retired surgical oncologist
Country flag
The Tulsa site now becomes the new Runner Up site. It’s too bad it’s still an income tax state. I think that may become
part of the Tesla Tera family too in a few more years.

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
We'll be looking for this to happen then..... lol
Tesla Cybertruck What The Possible Texas Cybertruck Terafactory Looks Like Right Now Farm Sold

CyberCop

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado HD , Cybertruck dual on order
Occupation
Retired LEO ?‍♂??
Country flag
Well I hope they build it there as I just bought property last year in Spring Branch Texas just south of Austin.
my only concern is will Texas allow the sale of vehicle there, delivery and service.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Well I hope they build it there as I just bought property last year in Spring Branch Texas just south of Austin.
my only concern is will Texas allow the sale of vehicle there, delivery and service.
They allow delivery and service, always have. No sale though. But its very easy to get one. Just get a loan from anyone but Tesla. Then pay for the car and pick it up. You have to do Tax and stuff on your own though, not a big deal.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
If they build the Cybertruck plant in Texas it would be hard for politicians to stop direct sales to buyers. Money is a powerful persuader. The law would change pretty quickly even with big oil, franchise car dealerships and politicians holding hands. Times are changing.

Last edited:

CyberCop

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired LEO ?‍♂??
Country flag
That’s great news I didn’t know, I was under the impression they could not sell or service because they were the manufacturer.
They allow delivery and service, always have. No sale though. But its very easy to get one. Just get a loan from anyone but Tesla. Then pay for the car and pick it up. You have to do Tax and stuff on your own though, not a big deal.
I’m a little confused... how do they deliver a vehicle but don’t sell it?
you buy it in a different state?

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
That’s great news I didn’t know, I was under the impression they could not sell or service because they were the manufacturer.

I’m a little confused... how do they deliver a vehicle but don’t sell it?
you buy it in a different state?
You just pick it up at the Tesla Service center. Not a big deal. My good friend Just bought one about a month ago. Basically the same as buying a car from a private seller. Basically just means you cant finance it through Tesla.

CyberCop

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired LEO ?‍♂??
Country flag
You just pick it up at the Tesla Service center. Not a big deal. My good friend Just bought one about a month ago. Basically the same as buying a car from a private seller. Basically just means you cant finance it through Tesla.
Thanks for all this info

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
https://electrek.co/2020/06/15/tesla-closing-in-incentive-package-factory-austin/

From the article :

"Now we learn that Travis County, where Austin is located, is reportedly considering an incentive package for the factory (via Statesman):
The Travis County Commissioners Court is scheduled to discuss the terms of the potential incentives deal in an executive session on Tuesday, according to people with knowledge of the proceedings. A vote is expected in the coming weeks."
So I'm a bit confused about the location of the proposed GIGAFACTORY. Hutto, Tx is located in Williamson County(Georgetown is the county seat), which borders Travis County to the south. Hutto is not that far from the Travis County border but not close enough to be considered in Travis County.

Does anyone have any clarification on this?

From Austin-Statesman article:

"The new facility — which Tesla calls a “gigafactory” — would build Tesla’s upcoming Cybertruck electric pickup, as well as be a second site to build the Model Y SUV. It reportedly would be Tesla’s biggest facility, surpassing the company’s vehicle assembly factory in Fremont, Calif., that employs 10,000 people and its battery factory in Reno, Nev., that has 6,500 workers."

Going to be a huuuuge factory.

Last edited:

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I cant wait to take a tour of this place!