2024 Silverado EV WT Range Officially EPA Certified

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
It will do that with the All-Season radials with covers attached and when driven under EPA drive cycles and conditions. Which is a real accomplishment given the size of the tires, the durability and the performance.

The Silverado won't get 450 miles at 70 mph either. Not even close. But the most pertinent point is that GM is not using this truck to increase the number of EV trucks on the road, they are using it to create the false narrative that it is a real product, that GM has a solution. It's a lie without being a direct lie. If they have to subsidize everyone to the tune of $30-$50K, it's not a real product., even if they do sell a small production run just to complete the illusion to those who don't know any better. Which is most people.

Has GM even disclosed how many reservations they accepted before they shut 'er down?
Sponsored

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
you know it's less battery total, how?

you know Tesla will stick to its aspirations on the Range Extender's 130mi better than it did the 2019 "Tri-motor" 500mi, how?

you know the cost of this range extender, how?

The Range Extender is an option on the Foundation Series order form. (So I missed the price slightly)

Tesla Cybertruck 2024 Silverado EV WT Range Officially EPA Certified 1705957988166

Outdoors

First Name
Outdoors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S,3,Y,C
I think the OP missed the news that they have cut capacity at Orion assembly. Which means only fleet for the time being and limited RST. Also the OP wants the fleet in a retail versions.

Many wants for something one can't get.

Some are getting Cybertrucks now. The numbers on early Cybertrucks are early and questionable at exercise. When they aren't they seem to be much better than the cherry picked numbers for clicks.

I just think some have reservations way way down the line and wonder what might have been. Hey go get that EV truck. For me carrying around all that battery would't help me. Sounds like it would you.

REM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Telsa Model 3 Standard Range+ Extra Supermega
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I think the defining feature of the stainless steel is that it can actually be used for truck things instead of being a pavement princess.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
No bull about it. I'm saying the Silverado won't get 450 miles in the same conditions that the GM apologists have been harping on the Cybertruck for not getting it's EPA range. What we have seen are some carefully crafted "range tests" at slow speeds and under conditions cherry-picked to return the best numbers.

On the other. GM will be GM. They can be successful if they get out of their own way.
That's a meaningless statement. GM is literally incapable of getting out of their own way. Corporate culture cannot be magically transplanted like inserting DNA into a cell. It takes years, if it can be done at all. I'm guessing it won't last long enough for them to make the needed changes. Because the people who need to start the process of changing benefit from it not changing. Hi Mary!

REM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Telsa Model 3 Standard Range+ Extra Supermega
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I think you missed his point. The GM will cost significantly more to power than the CyberTruck, which can do more with less kWh capacity. It's a function of physics.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Just being a realist based on real owners reporting.... Out of the dozen or so range reports we've seen only one has seemed optimistic in getting close to the advertised EPA range. So based on the majority of range reports right now it doesn't seem likely the CT will even hit the 450 mile range mark with the extender. Plus you'll need to go to a service center to get it installed, it's going to add several hundred pounds of weight to the truck which will impact its range, lower payload capacity, and sacrifice significant bed space. It wouldn't surprise me if Tesla delays it for a few years or scraps the range extender altogether.
What are you going to do if you get a new Cybertruck. You are going to go out and play with it. Playing with it is not the way to it EPA range, nor is driving at 75 mph.

Go read and find out what the EPA range actually is.

CyberTW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y &3
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
ok, so you ARE comparing apples to oranges

the $77K (starting price) 4WT is a fleet-only work truck that is their long range, highest, fleet trim. There will be cheaper fleet trucks with less range.

the retail version, RSR, that is their long range version will start at $105K. There will be cheaper retail trucks with less range.

so, to get a long range Chevy truck, you will be paying at least $105K, and you will be getting ‘luxury’
Does that include dealer markup?

CyberTW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y &3
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Well it's personal choice which vehicle you buy. Good luck to you with your $80,00

I don't think anybody in this forum or anybody for that matter is forcing you to buy a cyber truck. I mean that sounds pretty much like you have your mind made up and you should probably just join a Chevy Silverado EV forum.
I don’t understand why this dude is here other than to s*** post. If he wants to the get the Chevy and deal with the problems it will inevitably have.. have at it! (In 2026 realistically)

CyberTW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y &3
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
circle back when they announce the price, range, and availability of the retail-available WT. Fingers crossed for you.

unlike fleet, where GM's margins are geared not so much towards MSRP but fleet services, they've said nothing about the price of retail WT.

unlike fleet, where low-trim/high range offerings don't cannibalize ICE truck sales, they've said nothing about the range of retail WT.

and hey, don't get me twisted, I'm not here suggesting the CT is right for anywone, much less with the range extender.

but i will flag when someone is comparing a real product available at market vs a still yet imagined product with assumptions about specs

i did that AGAINST the CT prior to the delivery announcement info, and have to be consistent :ROFLMAO:
Ya keeping receipts on this dude when he gets is Chevy and it has issues.. he will disappear into the shadows

CyberTW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y &3
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Are you being sarcastic here or are you really that gullible?

The two trucks have never been tested side by side. Maybe you don't know what that means.
Seems he falls for marketing way too easy. He says he “fell for the CT 500”… (which I get) and which many hoped, but the whole (engineering a product that can scale, be financially solid, mechanically and manufacturing solid/efficient is actually hard. The Chevy wont make money, and will eventually die out and then you are left with something neither you nor Chevy wants.

Chevy knows they can’t produce a true awesome truck with that much battery for a scalable price.. it’s all marketing to gull you into thinking it will beat all the EV Trucks.. it’s easy to see this