2024 Silverado EV WT Range Officially EPA Certified

Darth abbott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I don’t understand why this dude is here other than to s*** post. If he wants to the get the Chevy and deal with the problems it will inevitably have.. have at it! (In 2026 realistically)
Right! I brought that up to him and said it sounds like you pretty much made up your mind maybe you should check out a Chevy EV forum since the cybertruck's not for you. He said he's trying to inform the rest of us basically. Sounds more like he's trying to justify a terrible idea lol.
Sponsored

CyberTW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y &3
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Right! I brought that up to him and said it sounds like you pretty much made up your mind maybe you should check out a Chevy EV forum since the cybertruck's not for you. He said he's trying to inform the rest of us basically. Sounds more like he's trying to justify a terrible idea lol.
Such strange behavior from an adult.. but 🤷🏼

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
No bull about it. I'm saying the Silverado won't get 450 miles in the same conditions that the GM apologists have been harping on the Cybertruck for not getting it's EPA range. What we have seen are some carefully crafted "range tests" at slow speeds and under conditions cherry-picked to return the best numbers.

That's a meaningless statement. GM is literally incapable of getting out of their own way. Corporate culture cannot be magically transplanted like inserting DNA into a cell. It takes years, if it can be done at all. I'm guessing it won't last long enough for them to make the needed changes. Because the people who need to start the process of changing benefit from it not changing. Hi Mary!
Let's get down to the bottom. They are having a lot of issues with the Ultium platform, upon which they seem to build everything else.

Technical headaches put the brakes on GM’s big EV push | Ars Technica

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
My sister-in-law just got a Chevy EUV a few weeks ago and it's left her stranded and been towed to back to the dealer twice because it would not go anywhere. They said it's because if you shift in to reverse too quickly it breaks.... she's looking at the lemon law because she knows it will have to be towed in again soon...... so hard pass on Chevy electric anything. I could probably do a Ford Lightning though, if the range was excellent. Ford makes good trucks.
There's not a world of difference between a GM product and a Ford product, it's like they both came out of the same beehive.

The best thing I can say about my Ford truck with 50K on the clock is that it has been mostly reliable and it's useable when it's over-loaded. But even a Ford dealership couldn't maintain and tune it so it's MPG didn't drop by 10% in the first 10K miles. And I don't know how long the transmission is going to last because every 50-100 shifts it slams into the next gear for no apparent reason, even when being driven smoothly and predictably. I don't like vehicles that do unpredictable things. The Ford dealership says they can't do anything about it.

The worst thing is it's driving dynamics. It's built on a century old platform that shudders over normal pavement seams. The shock absorbers were cheap, lost their damping in the first 10K miles (and never had enough to begin with). I replaced them with Bilsteins which are only better in that they have lasted twice as long so far. The truck drives like crap empty, to the point I want to put ballast in it when transporting light loads.

The dealership network is crap, based upon the four I have direct experience with. I was doing the one long-distance towing trip of my life when I stopped in S. Dakota (if I recall) for a scheduled oil and filter change. I told the Ford Service Manager to tell the technician not to over-fill the oil by a full quart like the last Ford dealership did since my F-150 has the 4.6L V8 and takes a quart less than the much more common 5.4L V8. He looked at me like I was stupid and assured me their techs knew how to change oil. I explained that it wouldn't be hard for him to just note it on the service ticket and he said the same thing. I insisted that he at least mention it, to prevent any chance of a problem, and he said the same thing. This happened one more time, I left figuring he must know what he's talking about. The next morning when leaving my hotel in the same town I heard gurgling noises coming from the engine. I pulled off the city street and checked the oil level. It was a quart high!

Not only did the service manager refuse my simple, common sense request, but his service techs can't even change the oil properly in the most popular truck in America! I took it back to the dealership and waited two hours as the very embarrassed Service Department sucked a full quart out of the crankcase. I had a very long drive home, over icy roads, this delayed my arrival by 1/2 a day. They never even apologized.

Problem: Truck driving dynamics, safety (roll-over risk), gutless, Ford purposefully piped engine sounds into the cabin (yes, they bragged about this publicly). It's annoying.

Problem: Suspension is outdated, shudders over bumps and breaks rear end loose around corners with pavement seams.

Problem: Crappy service network (Hint: numerous does not equal good).

I knew all of this going into the purchase but picked what I judged to be the lesser of three evils. The entire industry is inefficient (too expensive) and doesn't want to put in the required work to modernize. They just keep doing it the same way they always have. Sure, they add cupholders, creature comforts, and man-steps in the tailgate, but the underlying platform is so outdated it's criminal. And consumers have had no real choice until now.

I'm not trying to slam Ford, I guess I was just triggered when you told me they made good trucks. Yeah, if you don't have anything better to compare them to.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Problem: Truck driving dynamics, safety (roll-over risk), gutless, Ford purposefully piped engine sounds into the cabin (yes, they bragged about this publicly). It's annoying.

Problem: Suspension is outdated, shudders over bumps and breaks rear end loose around corners with pavement seams.
That reminds me of something that I read recently. The Tesla Model X failed it's rollover test, well kind of. It wouldn't roll over.

Why Tesla's Model X Was The First SUV To Receive A Perfect Crash Test Rating (youtube.com)

The Cybertruck in the test

CTWheee

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 now, CT soon!
Occupation
Stuff
Country flag
My sister-in-law just got a Chevy EUV a few weeks ago and it's left her stranded and been towed to back to the dealer twice because it would not go anywhere. They said it's because if you shift in to reverse too quickly it breaks.... she's looking at the lemon law because she knows it will have to be towed in again soon...... so hard pass on Chevy electric anything. I could probably do a Ford Lightning though, if the range was excellent. Ford makes good trucks.
I want a truck that I can park anywhere and not have to worry about idiots and door dings. My largest pet peeve with my Ford Raptor was the aluminum body. Yes I said aluminum, As well make it out of glass.

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
I don’t understand why this dude is here other than to s*** post. If he wants to the get the Chevy and deal with the problems it will inevitably have.. have at it! (In 2026 realistically)
It is common on forums to include competitor conversations and comparisons.

Let's you know what features all similar vehicles have. Some folks only look at one brand and are in a bubble so they don't know about other creative use cases and features. Benefit is that they could then ask 'their' brand for those same/similar features if they like them.

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
80K for a base work truck that has a 450 mi range. Pass. Or you can pay a hundred grand for a RST. You're better off buying an all-wheel drive Cyber truck and just getting the extended battery. If Range is the only thing you care about.
If using the bed is important you are better off with the silverado

CyberTW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y &3
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
It is common on forums to include competitor conversations and comparisons.

Let's you know what features all similar vehicles have. Some folks only look at one brand and are in a bubble so they don't know about other creative use cases and features. Benefit is that they could then ask 'their' brand for those same/similar features if they like them.
And that is awesome! This thread isn’t bad at all. But this guy isn’t the OP, and he came in with bad takes, and kept doubling down. If we can have a realistic conversation on what the Chevy truck really is (for normal customers), I could get behind that discussion. This wasn’t that.. so he gets push back

Darth abbott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I want a truck that I can park anywhere and not have to worry about idiots and door dings. My largest pet peeve with my Ford Raptor was the aluminum body. Yes I said aluminum, As well make it out of glass.
Sadly this is also my number one desire for the cyber truck. I am insanely paranoid of door dings.

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
I think you missed his point. The GM will cost significantly more to power than the CyberTruck, which can do more with less kWh capacity. It's a function of physics.
REM,
I just translated the morse code in your signature line. I wish I didn't.

You got me! LOL!

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
REM,
I just translated the morse code in your signature line. I wish I didn't.

You got me! LOL!
;-)
Snip --- deleted bad ones from BARD.

Last edited:

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
None of those translations make sense. The first characters are n e ... -Crissa
BARD was hallucinating apparently.

CoPilot results seem much more likely. ... and I asked for the 'more precision' option and a breakdown by word in a table format that I described.

Bahaha!

Tesla Cybertruck 2024 Silverado EV WT Range Officially EPA Certified zLMfCae

CTWheee

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 now, CT soon!
Occupation
Stuff
Country flag
Sadly this is also my number one desire for the cyber truck. I am insanely paranoid of door dings.
The door ding in my Raptor ate me up.. lol WTF.. A $90,000 truck at the time that couldn't even go grocery shopping without getting damage to the body.. 🙄
Sponsored