Too Much "Log In"

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
This is a remarkably sophisticated site, and I'm grateful to whomever put it up. Just one minor nit to pick:

Seems every time I inhale, my log-in has expired (though I ticked the keep-me-logged-in option), making me re-do my password.
Do you really have to be so protective against non-members that members have to constantly prove themselves?
Sponsored

Last edited:

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Thus us a remarkably sophisticated site, and I'm grateful to whomever put it up. Just one minor nit to pick:

Seems every time I inhale, my log-in has expired (though I ticked the keep-me-logged-in option), making me re-do my password.
Do you really have to be so protective against non-members that members have to constantly prove themselves?
I logged in once when I made my account and I haven't logged in a second time since. I haven't gone through the site settings but I would check both those and your browser settings, I don't see why anything would expire your log in continuously. Unless you are talking about each time you enter the site, then you can check your cookies to make sure that your selected options for this site are being saved.

OP
OP

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
This is a remarkably sophisticated site, and I'm grateful to whomever put it up. Just one minor nit to pick:

Thanks for the replies guys, and apologies to the administrator.

The problem being at my end would explain a lot. (The main thing I know about computers is that I don't know as much about them as most people do.)

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Thanks for the replies guys, and apologies to the administrator.

The problem being at my end would explain a lot. (The main thing I know about computers is that I don't know as much about them as most people do.)
No worries, i'm sure everyone understands.

Like we said, it's most likely to due with your cookies, so I would check those settings. If you don't know what I'm referring to, bake some cookies. It won't help with your website problems but who cares, you've got cookies.

You can also ask for help if you are stuck. As a starter, go into your browser settings > privacy & security > look for any settings that mention cookies > make sure it's not on Block all cookies. If that doesn't work, get cookies to make yourself feel better, if it does work, celebrate with cookies.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Even people who know alot about computers are always finding things they don't know.

...Or computers doing things they're sure they didn't tell them to do. So many programs and settings interacting in weird ways!

-Crissa
Sponsored