What apps would you like available in the Cybertruck?

OP
OP
CyberMoose

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Just read this from Electrek:
https://electrek.co/2020/09/24/tesla-sentry-mode-amazons-ring-usb-hub/

Ideally, instead of a separate piece of Ring hardware, Tesla would just enable us to enter some settings as to where we want to upload sentry mode videos. From what I understand Tesla already uploads driving videos for FSD training anyway so if they just pull sentry mode video too and allow you to push that video to somewhere specific for your own use.

And actually if it would upload all the video it takes (probably need some settings as to which camera angles you want) that would be cool too.

at a minimum upload the videos to a google drive or AWS. But potentially also to services like Ring.

And as long as youā€™ve got a data feed like that perhaps a data feed as to the gps coordinates of your vehicle at all times, any service related stats that might be illuminating (trip distances, charge remaining, charge speed, brake pad remaining). Or perhaps some bragging rights stats like steepest off road climb, bumpiest road, slowest rock crawl, etc.

The Tesla Sentry Cam feature was something that was added as a software update because of demand for it. Because of that, no additional hardware was added to compliment this feature. I'm hoping that they include more storage space for sentry and dash cam, additional storage would also be very helpful for things like music and videos.

I really like the idea for uploading to something like google drive, I actually just like a google drive app because a lot of the time when i'm on a work trip, sometimes I just need to view some files and not even edit them. Having google drive and skype would take away most of my needs for my laptop.
Sponsored

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Privacy mode, I donā€™t need my wife knowing where Iā€˜ve been or which sites visited.
tongue in cheek.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
The Tesla Sentry Cam feature was something that was added as a software update because of demand for it. Because of that, no additional hardware was added to compliment this feature. I'm hoping that they include more storage space for sentry and dash cam, additional storage would also be very helpful for things like music and videos.
I like the idea of the Tesla cam footage getting saved on a usb drive. This really helps to solidify that the data is mine on my drive that I bought. And when I sell the car I can just remove the drive to keep my data. Or in an accident I can take out my drive to have a record of what happened.

Ideally Iā€™d also be able to have the data duplicated on Google drive or somewhere else on the cloud that is also mine. But in a remote location there probably wonā€™t be an available network connection so the usb drive is good for that.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Along the lines of the Tesla cam, it would be nice if I could just have it record as long as I wanted. For instance I could imagine recording a full drive of the Trans America Trail.

Ideally we could upload the whole trail to be somewhere like Google street view. Then others could see the full trail and plan for the various situations they might encounter. And ideally people could link specific action videos tied to various locations on the trail to show activities, sites, camps, etc along the way and add commentary.

OP
OP
CyberMoose

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I like the idea of the Tesla cam footage getting saved on a usb drive. This really helps to solidify that the data is mine on my drive that I bought. And when I sell the car I can just remove the drive to keep my data. Or in an accident I can take out my drive to have a record of what happened.

Ideally Iā€™d also be able to have the data duplicated on Google drive or somewhere else on the cloud that is also mine. But in a remote location there probably wonā€™t be an available network connection so the usb drive is good for that.
Additional built in storage wouldn't mean elimating the option for a removable drive. In fact, Tesla appears to be going in a direction where their vehicles will also be personal computers. Tesla has already mentioned that they will have full dedicated gaming computers in the S/X models and I would assume that the Cybertruck would also recieve this feature. You can also see in some of the patent pictures that were just uncovered, Tesla seems to be planning for more apps and a store (probably an app store).

More storage will be coming for sure to make these apps possible to download into the car. Apps like google drive or microsoft outlook will almost certainly be added in the future as this would be an amazing asset for work vehicles. If these apps do become available, i would be very surprised if Tesla doesn't make it possible to take saved clips from sentry and dash cam to upload to the cloud.

On the topic of the gaming computer and more storage. I would be curious how much further Tesla might be able to go towards making the Cybertruck an amazing work vehicle. Not just for people who have a lot of stuff to haul, but also for sending emails or even editing spreadsheets and other documents. Tesla vehicles already have controller compatibility for the arcade, so it's possible they could also have compatibility for a wireless keyboard.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Tesla vehicles already have controller compatibility for the arcade, so it's possible they could also have compatibility for a wireless keyboard.
Turns out the new yoke steering is so the yoke can fold out into a keyboard for typing.

Monkchoi

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Impreza 5Dr Wagon
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Country flag
Phone screen mirroring would be amazing. AM radio as well. It would be very entertaining to have an app that mimicks real engine noises, diesel, v8, v10, nascar, spaceship, etc. Like the app "XLR8".
Would love my cybertruck to sound like a ducati V-twin w/termignoni cans on days I'm not riding!

Idaho_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM 3/4 ton
Country flag
3 Apps:
1.) Donut App
2.) Cheeseburger App
3.) Margarita App

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
GAIA.app

Tesla integration for route, turn by turn and saving trips would be welcomed outside the USA.

iSailor.app ā€˜cuz it floats right??