How many People have Ordered in December and Still dont have a VIN?

cyberHoward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD Foundation
Country flag
I don't think that the gateway appointments are actually linked to vin assignment. There have been too many people that got gateway information over a month ago, and still haven't gotten a vin.

Also, nobody has gotten a vin here since you, and as of sunday our trucks were still in texas. I suspect we got lucky with our assignments. Normally 3 CLE vins would suggest 30 trucks have been sent this way. But I gather there have only been 2-4 trucks delivered here. I also don't think they sent 20 more trucks this way all at once, lyndhurst couldn't handle that. So we are overrepresented as forum orders vs total CLE orders that have vins, is my guess. All of that to say, I don't think Ohio is on the fast track just yet.

Speaking of this... @cgladue, in the ohio list on your site, Lyndhurst and Cleveland represent the same location.

1711464535041-xm.png
@agordon117 You are probably right. I probably jumped the gun. Maybe I am partially right as the guy doing my quote said Tesla gave them about 30 days to get through the 78 quotes. I am not sure why they would press so hard if there was not going to be a large lift in numbers shipped to Ohio. Also, I do know of one other Cybertruck that is on its way through Cleveland Wrap. They are waiting to do that CT before giving me an official quote. As you know, I am on the fence about whether to wrap.
Sponsored

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
@agordon117 You are probably right. I probably jumped the gun. Maybe I am partially right as the guy doing my quote said Tesla gave them about 30 days to get through the 78 quotes. I am not sure why they would press so hard if there was not going to be a large lift in numbers shipped to Ohio. Also, I do know of one other Cybertruck that is on its way through Cleveland Wrap. They are waiting to do that CT before giving me an official quote. As you know, I am on the fence about whether to wrap.
That could be one of the 2-4 trucks that I know have gone through lyndhurst.

They gave them that timeline to get through the quotes, yes. but I don't think that is related to vin assignment. Just that they turned on the powershare part of the process, and sent the information to their selected installers. Originally they said they were not going to send our info to the installer until vin had already been assigned. Then 200 of us got the powershare installer matched email in one day, and nobody got vins. So at some point the process had changed.

I think the short timeline is that tesla wants to further rip people off. As it stands, you cannot get the hardware that was said to be included with your order unless you pay their chosen installer to do it at whatever insane price they want to charge. Now the installer is saying if they don't put me on the schedule in 30 days, I can't have it at all. Big problem for me since I don't want to install it where I'm currently living. By putting this 30 day timer on there for quotes to be given/accepted, they can further reduce the number of people they have to send promised hardware to ($2400 value), and instead force us to take 6 months of free supercharging ($100 value at most for me).

cyberHoward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD Foundation
Country flag

They gave them that timeline to get through the quotes, yes. but I don't think that is related to vin assignment. Just that they turned on the powershare part of the process, and sent the information to their selected installers. Originally they said they were not going to send our info to the installer until vin had already been assigned. Then 200 of us got the powershare installer matched email in one day, and nobody got vins. So at some point the process had changed.

I think the short timeline is that tesla wants to further rip people off. As it stands, you cannot get the hardware that was said to be included with your order unless you pay their chosen installer to do it at whatever insane price they want to charge. Now the installer is saying if they don't put me on the schedule in 30 days, I can't have it at all. Big problem for me since I don't want to install it where I'm currently living. By putting this 30 day timer on there for quotes to be given/accepted, they can further reduce the number of people they have to send promised hardware to ($2400 value), and instead force us to take 6 months of free supercharging ($100 value at most for me).
Unfortunately, I think you are right. I do wonder where the stipulation is in the contract that says it requires thier licensed installer. I am expecting my quote soon from their licensed(only one in Ohio) electrician, but I have another not currently Tesla certified electrician coming over on Thursday to write a quote for the same effort to run the wiring. I think he wants to try and get certified, but that will give me a base for comparison. I think I can do the whole thing myself, but not sure it is worth my time nor am I sure they will let me.

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
Unfortunately, I think you are right. I do wonder where the stipulation is in the contract that says it requires thier licensed installer. I am expecting my quote soon from their licensed(only one in Ohio) electrician, but I have another not currently Tesla certified electrician coming over on Thursday to write a quote for the same effort to run the wiring. I think he wants to try and get certified, but that will give me a base for comparison. I think I can do the whole thing myself, but not sure it is worth my time nor am I sure they will let me.
The contract doesn't mention the powershare accessories at all. Much like the "jan-march" bait and switch, it was only shown on the configuration page. The order agreement says "premium accessories", meaning they can do whatever they want and get away with it

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
What is a little strange is I have a VIN, but I can’t see where I have recieved an email or text saying I have a VIN. I’ve gone into the showroom and asked about delivery and they have been very helpful. It was supposed to arrive yesterday evening at 6 PM to the showroom. No “schedule Delivery Appointment” on the app yet. Think I’ll drive by the showroom today. We will see about that!
I didn't get an e-mail or text either, just the VIN# in the app.

OP
OP
BengalBoy

BengalBoy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Viper GTS and 1995 Ford Bronco XLT
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag

Interesting? I've had the email for over 2 months approving my home for te PowerShare hardware and since then, *crickets.* A Tesla approved technician is supposed to contact me but nothing so far. I'm dreading the cost estimate at this point.

CYBEAST

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Beast
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
Yea thx
You got the record so far. Hang in there!! (at least your in Destin and that is a beautiful place!)
Thx man. I think some people have me beat that configured 12/8. I did 12/15. Every time I get close they allow line skippers. It’s frustrating. I’m going to the beach to cry lol.

Rocketman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 MYP
Country flag
Yea thx

Thx man. I think some people have me beat that configured 12/8. I did 12/15. Every time I get close they allow line skippers. It’s frustrating. I’m going to the beach to cry lol.
12/9 out of SoCal, still nothing. I feel your pain brother

OP
OP
BengalBoy

BengalBoy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Yea thx

Harbordocks would be a good place as well. Sushi & Brews, or, the Boat House for fresh oysters and cold beer. It won't be much longer for you I'm sure!

CYBEAST

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Beast
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
Harbordocks would be a good place as well. Sushi & Brews, or, the Boat House for fresh oysters and cold beer. It won't be much longer for you I'm sure!
Headed to McGuires right now. It’s dark so no one will see me crying over my Irish wake lol

Rome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual
Occupation
Software dev
Country flag
Hey guys just took delivery wanted to give everyone an update :)
1) The first 5 digits of your RN#. RN11274
2) The date you configured your truck. 12/19/23
3) The date you received your VIN assignment (if known) 03/20/2024
4) The Date you will take delivery (if known) 3-27-24
5) Your state New York (mt kisco)

OP
OP
BengalBoy

BengalBoy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Hey guys just took delivery wanted to give everyone an update :)
Thanks for your update and Congrats!! Good to see a delivery far away from Austin, Texas, not in California or Florida. Thanks for sharing a followup. How's your CyberTruck??
Sponsored