Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
It will be pretty wild if they can get the curb weight of the CT close to the curb weight of other ICE pickups.

For example: a 4x4 Crew Cab Chevy Silverado with a 5.7' bed weighs 4,920lbs

A custom "Trail boss" can reach as high as 5,240lbs.
Is the Trail Boss with a 6.5ft bed, or is it still the 5.7ft?

I do not expect it to be more efficient than the Model X, but I do expect it to be more efficient than the Rivian, Bollinger, and Lordstown.
Sponsored

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Is the Trail Boss with a 6.5ft bed, or is it still the 5.7ft?

I do not expect it to be more efficient than the Model X, but I do expect it to be more efficient than the Rivian, Bollinger, and Lordstown.
That is the 6.6FT bed and 157" Wheel base, there is a slightly smaller trail boss with 5.75' bed that is 5,190lbs

Source

craz

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Tesla claimed the CT will be a Class 2B, or “medium duty” vehicle, with a total gross vehicle weight rating of 10,000-8,500lbs.

With a rated payload capacity of 3,500lbs, that means the CT will weigh anywhere between 5000-6500lbs. I don’t think Tesla would choose to have the CT in this weight class if they had the choice, which tells me that it’s very likely the CT will be greater than 5,000lbs.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Tesla claimed the CT will be a Class 2B, or “medium duty” vehicle, with a total gross vehicle weight rating of 10,000-8,500lbs.

With a rated payload capacity of 3,500lbs, that means the CT will weigh anywhere between 5000-6500lbs. I don’t think Tesla would choose to have the CT in this weight class if they had the choice, which tells me that it’s very likely the CT will be greater than 5,000lbs.
Correct with the Payload capacity being so high if the CT's curb weight is at least 5,001lbs it will fall into the Class 2 medium duty classification. The only Reason other light duty trucks don't fall into this category is because they don't have that much payload capacity.

Last edited:

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Correct with the Payload capacity being so high if the CT's curb weight is at least 5,001lbs it will fall into the Class 2 medium duty classification. The only Reason other light duty trucks don't fall into this category is because they don't have that much payload capacity.
Granted exo-skeleton engineering reduces weight. Structural battery adds weight lowering CG. The 4door CT 6.5’ pickup bed version I expect to weigh =^> my 2door ICE 4x4 5600#. WAG:

CT1 - 5300#
CT2 - 5700#
CT3 - 6500#

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
On Battery Day they said that the structural battery pack would reduce weight (and lower the CG). That may not impact your weight guesses; I just wanted to point out that one thing.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I never understood why people think it would weigh more than a comparable crew cab. Elon said it would be the same weight.
Thanks for the comparison between the Cybertruck with a regular full sized pickup truck. I don’t need more numbers thrown at me.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Granted exo-skeleton engineering reduces weight. Structural battery adds weight lowering CG. The 4door CT 6.5’ pickup bed version I expect to weigh =^> my 2door ICE 4x4 5600#. WAG:

CT1 - 5300#
CT2 - 5700#
CT3 - 6500#
Cybertruck has a 6.5 foot bed. My Sienna van can haul up to 10 feet long lumber between the console with the hatchback closed. I may have to let any load longer than 6.6’ just hang out of the back of the bed. Hopefully, the Cybertruck has a place to tie down the rope.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Each trim line will weight differently depending on the amount of motors it has. Care to list them?

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Will the Cybertruck have three different battery sizes depending on the amount of motors? What will each different battery weigh per trim line?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Will the Cybertruck have three different battery sizes depending on the amount of motors? What will each different battery weigh per trim line?
We don't know. It's likely. The Dual Motor will be more efficient at speed than the Single Motor. They might share a battery pack, but probably not.

The Tri Motor definitely has a bigger pack. It's rumored to have a double-size pack.

They would of course weigh different amounts.

But the motor capability would change the gross capacity of the truck as well as the battery pack. So we don't know what the wriggling differences will be. Take for instance the Plaid Model S - every combination of options changed the Monroney sticker. So we'll see that with the Cybertruck, too.

-Crissa
Sponsored