Giga Austin just keeps getting bigger - 2,500 acres w/potential to expand up to 3,500 acres

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
News from Austin Business Journal reports :

"In a letter to the federal Foreign-Trade Zones Board, Travis County Judge Andy Brown said that the carmaker's project spans more than 2,500 acres with the potential to expand up to 3,500 acres. That's a much bigger footprint than previously disclosed in state documents."
Sponsored

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
News from Austin Business Journal reports :

"In a letter to the federal Foreign-Trade Zones Board, Travis County Judge Andy Brown said that the carmaker's project spans more than 2,500 acres with the potential to expand up to 3,500 acres. That's a much bigger footprint than previously disclosed in state documents."
For some perspective on how much land that is. 1/4 mile by 1/4 mile = 40 acres. The current building footprint is close to 1/4 mile by 3/4. So that's roughly 120 acres.

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
What is silly is that EVs are supposed to help resolve the damage we are doing to the planet. Building huge concrete structures isn't helping either. I'll leave it at that. peace

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
What is silly is that EVs are supposed to help resolve the damage we are doing to the planet. Building huge concrete structures isn't helping either. I'll leave it at that. peace
That is true. Which is why replacing a Prius with a Cybertruck isn't very 'green'.

On th other hand, the land they're using wasn't a natural carbon sink, being a flooded strip-mine.

-Crissa

rharl

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cyber truck tri motor
Occupation
insurance
Country flag
I am personally not a true environmentalist. I do appreciate the benefits to electric vs gas and it is part of my decision but i am buying because the Cybertruck is Badass.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I am personally not a true environmentalist. I do appreciate the benefits to electric vs gas and it is part of my decision but i am buying because the Cybertruck is Badass.
I don't care how you get here, but I'm glad you are.

-Crissa
Sponsored