Cybertruck as a tow vehicle

Ranulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri motor
Country flag
you will be able to drive through streams and shallow ponds with cybertruck so it would be fine if it got a little wet grabbing a boat. In most cases tho, only the trailer gets wet
Sponsored

Pappy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Hybrid Corolla, F250
Occupation
Retired Underground Coal Miner
Country flag
I have been monitoring You Tube videos on Teslas towing and whilst they have all the power in the world to actually tow, their range goes out the door. Power consumption goes north of 700w/mile resulting in the effective range being reduced down to around 1/3 of the non-towing range. They are battling to tow 100 miles.... For me this is disastrous news because if the Cybertruck ends up with only about 120 miles towing range then its not going to fulfill one of my most basic requirements for a pick-up truck - the ability to tow effectively and efficiently.
A 100 to 120 mile range whilst towing is for me a deal breaker. NBGAA (no bloody good at all)
I just got the same amount of reduction in fuel mileage on my new F150 Hybrid. I was getting 26mpg but dropped to 16mpg while towing. Is this mystery simple physics or what? Guess we’re gonna have to get with the Bankruptcy Lawyers who were working with General Motors and have them change the laws of Physics???? Sorry, I’m bored, can’t sleep, I got the same exact issues you speak about. Hauling stuff to my claim and no good way to recharge my CT to get home. Elon will come up with a solution, he’s good at that kinda stuff, ya know solving problems and stuff.
Sponsored