Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mercury Monterey
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
Via Drivetribe

The dashboard is extremely clean

Revealed last November, the Tesla Cybertruck is a true star on the web. Its very particular style using mainly angular shapes have largely made Internet users react. And if the outside has been widely observed under the smallest nooks and crannies, the same cannot be said for the inside.

When the Cybertruck was revealed, the American brand offered several test drives aboard its new pickup. An interesting YouTube video from Hamid Shojaee shows the entire interior of the Cybertruck. We are then struck by the interior, which is very minimalist in the manner of the compact Model 3 sedan.

A large touchpad is present but unlike the Model 3, the shortcuts between the menus are placed vertically on the driver's side, which is much more convenient to use. The speedometer as well as the P, R, N and D positions remain on the top left, as on the Model 3.

The Cybertruck's interface is more original, with a new, more angular font with more technological and futuristic shapes. It is possible to control the vehicle's bed or to select an off-road mode. However, the Cybertruck shown in the video is a prototype and consequently, the interface may change on the series production model.

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
I am not a fan of the marble finish dashboard. While I like minimalist interiors, I need some hidden storage.
The dash is my least favourite thing of the CT. I like the idea of recycled paper in the vehicle the look just does not work with vehicle. Maybe it is a wrap that can be customized.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
The dash is my least favourite thing of the CT. I like the idea of recycled paper in the vehicle the look just does not work with vehicle. Maybe it is a wrap that can be customized.
I think the dash is unfinished, there was some talk of the dash being a screen projecting the front of the vehicle surrounding. No one has shown the side "mirror" screens or how side cameras would be handled if no side mirrors are used. I hope Tesla will get approval to forgo side mirrors in favor of cameras for looks and aerodynamics and if they do then another screen or 2 is likely to show those views.

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
There is a wide space on the door between the window and the edge of the door that may also house the screen for the mirrors. I to hope the CT can get away from the side view mirrors. I have had the mirror knocked off my old truck by vehicles on the road. Is there any news out of the NHTSA on the 60 day public consultation process?

Tesla Cybertruck More looks at inside of the Tesla Cybertruck A3FAD3AC-0DA4-4052-8D31-75FD169E99B0

OP
OP
Cody the cat

Cody the cat

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mercury Monterey
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
I think the dash is unfinished, there was some talk of the dash being a screen projecting the front of the vehicle surrounding. No one has shown the side "mirror" screens or how side cameras would be handled if no side mirrors are used. I hope Tesla will get approval to forgo side mirrors in favor of cameras for looks and aerodynamics and if they do then another screen or 2 is likely to show those views.
I agree about this being unfinished and good point about mirror screens.

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Dids,
That's a pretty good thought you got there.... I can't see The BiggEe just putting a big piece of halfway recycled paper sludge slapped in a box to dry in the most visibly spot in the vehicle?
Now if The BiggEe is as cool as he is... I want a "floor mat" for whatever the dash becomes.... Yep, a pretty lil thing just looks so much "Pretty/littler when she has her bare feet on the dash.
(And yeah, blah blah blah... crash test safety...blah blah).
But they could do something more sophisticated and make it look minimalistic/futuristic. We'll just have to watch and see.
I CAN ALWAY GLUE A FLOOR MAT ON IT

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I thought the prototype had the side camera images stitched into the center rear view screen. Look one location to see left, right and back at the same time.

Maybe I misremembered.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Regarding interior, interior door handles, levers and any part actuated by hand is reinforced. I am always disappointed when a simple part breaks with normal use. Example, visor vanity mirror cover breaking off.

Door armrest/handle should be strong to stand up to an aggressive grip strength. if buttons flex with the weight of my hand, inspires no confidence. I am hoping interior wear points to be relatively as strong as the exoskeleton.

my behind will eventually tear the seat, my right elbow bore a hole in the middle seat console, understood these will need to be refreshed/covered.

OP
OP
Cody the cat

Cody the cat

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mercury Monterey
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
I rather like the simplicity.
The school of less is more if you will.
There has been talk about the dash marbling and I have to agree, not a fan.
On the fence with the steering wheel but, maybe different when it’s actually in the hand.

OP
OP
Cody the cat

Cody the cat

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mercury Monterey
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
Regarding interior, interior door handles, levers and any part actuated by hand is reinforced. I am always disappointed when a simple part breaks with normal use. Example, visor vanity mirror cover breaking off.

Door armrest/handle should be strong to stand up to an aggressive grip strength. if buttons flex with the weight of my hand, inspires no confidence. I am hoping interior wear points to be relatively as strong as the exoskeleton.

my behind will eventually tear the seat, my right elbow bore a hole in the middle seat console, understood these will need to be refreshed/covered.
I am a pro at tearing stuff up as well John. And like you, believe the inside will be as sturdy as the outside.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I thought the prototype had the side camera images stitched into the center rear view screen. Look one location to see left, right and back at the same time.

Maybe I misremembered.
I like the simplicity of the rear view also being side view but I dont think it will be easy to use. It is unnatural to look to the right while changing lane to the left. I cant imagine that would be approved or that it would be safe.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I agree. Just reporting, or misreporting, what I thought the prototype configured the side views. Looking center breaks long standing muscle memory plus I will still check blind spots manually and like seeing the mirror plus quick glance to blind spot.

Though, I also like the additional concept of one location view to see multiple areas to allow quick decisions.

Donno77

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Pilot, 2011 Porsche Boxster
Country flag
Q: Will it be possible to get an interior/leather color other than black? Like white for example?
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator: