How old are Cybertruck Owners Club members?

• Total voters

Handy Artie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Mercedes Sprinter 2500
Occupation
Retired surgical oncologist
Country flag
Be careful youngsters, taking a corner too fast in a CT trimotor may prove to be a damaging experience. Take a lesson from us old motorcycle guys and girls. Break BEFORE you enter a turn or curve and accelerate through it. If you find yourself suddenly facing an obstacle in a curve,, straighten the wheels, slow down and steer around it. You’re going to have to use a motorcycle SEE driving technique: Search, Evaluate, Execute. A trimotor is as fast as a motorcycle in a sea of slower Vehicles. Maybe that’s why the CT has a yoke.
Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
I wonder if a lot of that might be mooted by torque vectoring. Are understeer and oversteer going to be a thing of the past? Will there be a selection of modes in one of which, for example, the truck takes care of everything for you and in another of which its like the old days with torque vectoring turned completely off? And gradations in between?

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I wonder if a lot of that might be mooted by torque vectoring. Are understeer and oversteer going to be a thing of the past? Will there be a selection of modes in one of which, for example, the truck takes care of everything for you and in another of which its like the old days with torque vectoring turned completely off? And gradations in between?
I would think that a truck with around 900 hp would require some serious baby sitting/ traction control, for us Average at best drivers.

Ryan95738

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
CNA
Country flag
They do have these features and track mode and you can change them 1 through 10 so I see that being the case here.

Reactions: Geo

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
The model 3 performance and the model S
Could you tell me which screen I go to to find this? All I can find is "Slip Mode" which can only be turned on or off.

All also note that Teslas controls never go from 1 to 10. Elon's cars go up to 11 (volume and fan),

Ryan95738

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
CNA
Country flag
Could you tell me which screen I go to to find this? All I can find is "Slip Mode" which can only be turned on or off.

All also note that Teslas controls never go from 1 to 10. Elon's cars go up to 11 (volume and fan),

Start at the 2-minute mark.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
So to get it I don't go to any particular page. I go back to the dealer and trade in my X for a 3. This mode is not available in the X or S. That doesn't mean that these cars don't do torque vectoring. It just means the driver doesn't have as much control over it (on or off).

Most important to understand is that if you count electronic braking as half a DOF at each wheel (because it can only apply drag) and each motor as a full DOF (because it can drag and thrust) the current cars have 4 DOF thrust vectoring. The TriMotor CT will have 5 because of the third motor.

Whether the UI in the CT is more like that in the 3 or S/X remains to be seen. One thing we can be sure of it that there will be options related to towing.

Last edited:

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Is this on the Plaid S?

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Yes it was. At that time the "track package" was only avai;able, AFAIK, on the 3. It makes sense that it would be part of the Plaid designs especially as they have 3 motors. I am wondering if it is.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Yes it was. At that time the "track package" was only avai;able, AFAIK, on the 3. It makes sense that it would be part of the Plaid designs especially as they have 3 motors. I am wondering if it is.
It has drag racing mode, but not sure if it has track mode. I agree, it would make sense. One thing though, can you imagine how fast you could destroy tires drifting a Plaid model S. :eek:

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
So far it looks like the 80’s Generation is looking strong??. Reminds me of when my dad bought me my first Atari on Military base? I was one happy young man? . Yes sir I was. Wish my pops were here to see how far Tesla has come. ?
Think it makes sense the weighted responses of owners is heavily focused on impressionable age during the height of the 80s sci fi genre which this truck is based off of stylistically.

I am 41 at the time of reservation. I expect to be 43-45 at the time of delivery.
Sponsored

Last edited: