Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
  • Banned
First I don't have much money. And I don't need advice. I have a friend who is an analyst of the Market and he advised me to NOT buy TSLA at that time because I had "already missed the ride." He advised me to stay in my China stocks, which make up most of my meager (less than $100,000 portfolio..well less than $100k till TSLA blew the Fck up). But I was concerned about the coronavirus impacting my stocks so I bailed on that strategy. Since then my Chinese stocks would have still gone up by less than 1%.
And what to do with the meager sum? Well so many idiots (affectionately referred to as idiots) in the two tesla forums I read stated they had bought TSLA stock to cover the time when they have to pay for their Cyber. Stupid Idea. A real Stupid stupid idea. I know, right?
But it sounded so cool. I mean if you believe in something...put your money where your mouth is... buy what you know....
And last, if you're wrong then you're wrong, but if you were right and you didn't do what you felt was right then you are mentally screwed. Big Ee hooked me with the Cyber (I still can't write "truck" as part of the name.). Plain and simple I have always loved honesty. The skins on cars are just lies. Period. A Huyunda can look just like a Mercedes. An economy car can look like a million bucks. I hate the lies. And then Someone just said "Fock it. Make an automobile do stuff, instead of look like stuff." And my way of thinking materialized in an object I could own. I have never identified with a car. Period. Now I do.
One more thing, I tell my friends this is what you have todo to be a good friend to anyone. "Do what you Say." I also tell it to people who are no longer my friend. Cars with colors and forms just to look good don't do what they say.
So I bought 110 shares of TSLA for $644 on the morning of january 31 2020, TOTAL $70,817. right now five days later I have paid for half my 2m FSD because that stock is worth $100,700. A $30,000 increase in 5-6 days on a $71,000 investment.
Heck at this rate I might be able to afford the 3M FSD Cyber.
BTW I thought you guys that told about having the hope of your TSLA stock paying for your Cyber were crazy.
Sponsored

Last edited:

moonrover

First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
If it makes you feel any better, I just sold my tsla stock a week or two ago for $580. They’re selling around $960 today. But I just need to live with the choice and not look in hindsight.

OP
OP

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
  • Banned
If it makes you feel any better, I just sold my tsla stock a week or two ago for $580. They’re selling around $960 today. But I just need to live with the choice and not look in hindsight.
That does not make me feel good at all. I fail to see the humor....?
If it makes you feel any better someone with some serious money/power forced the stock to close at $900 (It is already recovering in after hour trading). I've read that there was a reason to do that. But it just shows me I am a minnow in a large lake.

Mule Ferguson

First Name
Mule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Model P3D+, F150. Cybertruck Tri Motor
Occupation
House Husband
Country flag
"So I bought 110 shares of TSLA for $644 on the morning of jan. 31 2020,"

U gonna b ok.

Tesla Cybertruck My good fortune buying TSLA on January 30, 2020..not an informative post IMG_9283

Last edited:

Kurious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4 4x4
Occupation
Organics farming
Country flag
First I don't have much money. And I don't need advice. I have a friend who is an analyst of the Market and he advised me to NOT buy TSLA at that time because I had "already missed the ride." He advised me to stay in my China stocks, which make up most of my meager (less than $100,000 portfolio..well less than $100k till TSLA blew the Fck up). But I was concerned about the coronavirus impacting my stocks so I bailed on that strategy. Since then my Chinese stocks would have still gone up by less than 1%.
And what to do with the meager sum? Well so many idiots (affectionately referred to as idiots) in the two tesla forums I read stated they had bought TSLA stock to cover the time when they have to pay for their Cyber. Stupid Idea. A real Stupid stupid idea. I know, right?
But it sounded so cool. I mean if you believe in something...put your money where your mouth is... buy what you know....
And last, if you're wrong then you're wrong, but if you were right and you didn't do what you felt was right then you are mentally screwed. Big Ee hooked me with the Cyber (I still can't write "truck" as part of the name.). Plain and simple I have always loved honesty. The skins on cars are just lies. Period. A Huyunda can look just like a Mercedes. An economy car can look like a million bucks. I hate the lies. And then Someone just said "Fock it. Make an automobile do stuff, instead of look like stuff." And my way of thinking materialized in an object I could own. I have never identified with a car. Period. Now I do.
One more thing, I tell my friends this is what you have todo to be a good friend to anyone. "Do what you Say." I also tell it to people who are no longer my friend. Cars with colors and forms just to look good don't do what they say.
So I bought 110 shares of TSLA for $644 on the morning of january 31 2020, TOTAL $70,817. right now five days later I have paid for half my 2m FSD because that stock is worth $100,700. A $30,000 increase in 5-6 days on a $71,000 investment.
Heck at this rate I might be able to afford the 3M FSD Cyber.
BTW I thought you guys that told about having the hope of your TSLA stock paying for your Cyber were crazy.

You will pay about 50% tax if you sell before holding for 12 months and one day.

But now the shares are over $900 so perhaps that truck will be within reach?

But do you want to blow your entire nest egg on a truck?

OP
OP

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
  • Banned
First, NO TAXES. It is in my ROTH IRA.
Second, I got a little equity in land. And I live below my retirement income.
AND I can live in it if it all goes south..just me and the dog... the wife'll probably move into a penthouse near Disney.

SEER

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback, ZR-2, K3500 dually, Cybertruck
Country flag
Roth of course no tax but...
This is wrong. Short term gains (from sales of stock held less than 12 months) are taxed as straight income. So you’re taxed on whatever your tax rate is based on your income. Nowhere near 50% by the sound of your financial standing.

You will pay about 50% tax if you sell before holding for 12 months and one day.

But now the shares are over $900 so perhaps that truck will be within reach?

But do you want to blow your entire nest egg on a truck?

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
Use the new Back to the Future CT Time Machine and go back to leave yourself a letter.

OP
OP

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Screw trying to go back to 2012. I'll take local delivery....just get me a letter to last Summer.
Or if you could call someone and have then send us a letter from 2024 I'd be over the moon (financially), and on my way to MARS.

OP
OP

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Nope. I invest in what I feel is a good thing, and that I am familiar with... As close as I get to starlink is I watch the rockets go up and come back from my backyard. Every so often I get woken up by the noise.
I just ain't too sure about it.

Mule Ferguson

First Name
Mule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Model P3D+, F150. Cybertruck Tri Motor
Occupation
House Husband
Country flag
In 2014 when I bought the model x I was buying and selling Tesla stock. when it would come down I bought. When it went up $20.00. I sold. That year I made about $40.000. I thank is was 15%

Tesla Cybertruck My good fortune buying TSLA on January 30, 2020..not an informative post Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 3.09.44 PM
Sponsored