Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2023 Model Y, Ford F150,
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I had had an open question of if it can run the inverter and AC L1/L2 charge, turns out if can not, sure hope they can fix that in the future.
Oh, this is super disappointing for me. I didn't realize this was in question.
Congrats on the truck, however! Hoping to get my beast VIN soon!

4Dolio

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Vehicles
2023 f150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Indeed... I intend to run a few 100watts of tiny little loads inside the truck pretty much all the time. So want the inverters basically always running. Alternately, I'm looking for some other continuous power source, be it 12v or 48v. When originally launched the inverter and the DCFC charging could not run at the same time, but that has been fixed, so on a road trip you can DCFC and keep running any loads you might have, such as a camper or cooler. I guess I just need a little 10kW DCFC NACS EVSE to solve this... Or wait for them to fix the issue, presuming that the onboard charger and the onboard inverter are not somehow both using some common hardware to physically prevent it... Which doesn't make sense because one is a rectifier and the other is an sine wave inverter. There aught to be a thread elsewhere about this, but I did not bother to check for it yet.

BoiseCT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2023 Model Y, Ford F150,
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Indeed... I intend to run a few 100watts of tiny little loads inside the truck pretty much all the time. So want the inverters basically always running. Alternately, I'm looking for some other continuous power source, be it 12v or 48v. When originally launched the inverter and the DCFC charging could not run at the same time, but that has been fixed, so on a road trip you can DCFC and keep running any loads you might have, such as a camper or cooler. I guess I just need a little 10kW DCFC NACS EVSE to solve this... Or wait for them to fix the issue, presuming that the onboard charger and the onboard inverter are not somehow both using some common hardware to physically prevent it... Which doesn't make sense because one is a rectifier and the other is an sine wave inverter. There aught to be a thread elsewhere about this, but I did not bother to check for it yet.
You could simply use something like an Anker Solix 2000 in the back. It can be plugged into the AC plugs and run as a pass through or power backup when the AC ports are down. This has all manner of AC/DC outputs onboard.

4Dolio

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
You could simply use something like an Anker Solix 2000 in the back. It can be plugged into the AC plugs and run as a pass through or power backup when the AC ports are down. This has all manner of AC/DC outputs onboard.
Of course, and I'm sort of just doing that with a little USB battery bank in the mean time. I'm just running a set of UBS devices, and they all have their own batteries themselves. I should start a thread about all this, this isn't really the place to keep talking about it. The whole AC charge + Inverters was an open question I found the answer to is all.

I ran a similar setup in my Lightning, but it had a constant-on 12v fuse I tapped, and Ford added a 12v BMS that keeps it from never going dead, worked great there.

New Hope

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S , Model 3 , Model Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Lucky long term Tesla investor, Retired
Country flag
Got My vin 011969 yesterday. RN 1129. Ordered March 21 with Long term investor status. Wanted the Beast but couldn't wait.
Really 600Hp is enough for me :)

4Dolio

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Good news, It appears that the Center Console USB port, and perhaps the others, are always powered!

phabianh20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia, Toyota Camry, Cybertruck (ordered)
Country flag
Added my order to the list. Now impatiently waiting for a VIN after years of waiting to be able to order.

dotat

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Escape
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Added my info to the tracker
Just got my VIN assigned yesterday

RN 112935xxx
VIN 145xx
AWD - white accent & normal wheels, I didn't change anything
Ordered March 18th
VIN Assigned May 22
Scottsdale AZ
not sure on pickup yet

Larflander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Self Employed
Country flag
RN 112995xxx
VIN 137xx
AWD - white accent & normal wheels, I didn't change anything
Ordered: April 6th
VIN Assigned May 22
Irvine, CA
not sure on pickup yet

Capt_Roy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not a Cybertruck (yet)
Country flag
Not sure if this is the correct thread or not - but here's the info for what it's worth:
1. Preordered in 30 Nov 2019 (Tesla's recent emails refer to me as "an early Cybertruck reservation holder." My reservation "number" is RN11308XXXX.
2. Today (23 May 2024) - received the email from Tesla saying "Your Limited-Edition Foundation Series Cybertruck is Ready to Order. As an early reservation holder, you have been invited to order your Foundation Series Cybertruck with early access to delivery."
3. I just bought a Model X and I'm super happy with, so not going to buy the Cybertruck any time in the near future (Also: I'm 100% NOT considering buying the Foundation Series).

tbuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 F150 Lariat - Cybertruck Res #113xxx
Country flag
Just added my beast to the list!

RN113086xxx
Reserved 11/29/2019 (althoughit shows 11/30/2024 on my reservation confirmation).
Ordered a CyberBeast, tactical gray interior, all season tires.
Shows Oct-Dec delivery
Sponsored