Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
Im not exactly sure where the Austin factory will be. but the path of the eclipse goes through Austin.
Elon did say it would be open to the public.
Party @giga-Austin 4-8-2024!?

:( apparently the factorys isnt in the path of the eclipse

Tesla Cybertruck 2024 total eclipse @giga Austin? tenor

Tesla Cybertruck 2024 total eclipse @giga Austin? Eclipse2024
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Close but no cigar. I'm an eclipse chaser too. Here's a really cool interactive map. The land for Tesla Texas is on both sides of the toll road marked 45 & 130. On the north side of the Colorado River. It's really close but just outside of the shadow of total eclipse. If you're not inside the shadow, you've missed the party and you have no idea what the big deal is. http://xjubier.free.fr/en/site_page....html?Lat=34.62841&Lng=-93.70882&Zoom=11&LC=1

OP
OP
Newton

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
what a shame, still gotta frigfure out exactly where I wanna take the CT for that eclipse. I wonder if this interactive map can be overlapped with super chargers

cyberhunter

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 2500, Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
I'll be watching the eclipse from my upstairs terrace for sure. I live in SW of Austin so I'm in the total eclipse zone.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I'll be watching the eclipse from my upstairs terrace for sure. I live in SW of Austin so I'm in the total eclipse zone.
So did you notice with the map, you can zoom in to your house and click/tap on a point in the map and it will tell you what time the eclipse will begin and end at that location. It is perfect for planning. I was in Eastern Oregon for the 2017 Eclipse and it was fantastic. My mom lives in Arkansas and I'm planning on taking my Cybertruck from Cal to Arkansas for 2024. This Eclipse will be even more hyped than 2017, because there are so many large cities along the path of totality.
If you've never experienced what it's like to be under the shadow of the moon, there's no photos that come close to capturing what it looks like, to look up and see a black disk in the sky blocking out the sun and realize you're looking at the dark side of the moon with the sun's corona surrounding it. BUT, this video captures what it's like to be in totality, very well.

Last edited:

OP
OP
Newton

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
one thing a video cant show is the massive temp change and if your not in a city, the animals act weird. I highly suggest anyone who can take a trip to see the eclipse, do it!

Last edited:

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I experienced a total eclipse ONCE when i was younger.. i have been trying to convince people ever since how amazing it is.

TeslaHugger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3
Country flag
one thing a video cant show is the massive temp change and if your not in a city, the animals act weird. I highly suggest anyone who can take a trip to see the eclipse, do it!
It's always better to experience it in real life.

Greg Hayden

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 VW cc, 2010 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
Tax Consultant, CPA
Country flag
I experienced Totality in Hopkinsville, KY, August 21, 2017 which was the point of greatest eclipse. It was Awesome! So cool,
I will definitely be in totality again April 8th, 2024. Probably somewhere near Bloomington, Indiana. Your definitely missing out if your not in totality.

2017 Great American Eclipse.
Tesla Cybertruck 2024 total eclipse @giga Austin? 1596217395192

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
I agree. I took my girls to watch at a coworker's house in the middle of nowhere, Nebraska. It's definitely something everyone should try to get out to see.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I agree. I went to Hopkinsville for 2017. It was amazing! So much better than people can describe and much better than I imagined.
I think I will go to Newfoundland, CA for 2024

Last edited:

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
Close but no cigar. I'm an eclipse chaser too. Here's a really cool interactive map. The land for Tesla Texas is on both sides of the toll road marked 45 & 130. On the north side of the Colorado River. It's really close but just outside of the shadow of total eclipse. If you're not inside the shadow, you've missed the party and you have no idea what the big deal is. http://xjubier.free.fr/en/site_page....html?Lat=34.62841&Lng=-93.70882&Zoom=11&LC=1
So I'll set my alarm for Monday, April 8th, 2024, 12:18, in Austin, TX
Thanks. This is good enough of an excuse to visit friends in SW Arkansas at that time. They have a chicken farm, thousands of birds, and may prove to be interesting.
Thanks for the neat website.

Last edited:

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Greg Hayden, you're so right. The best way to describe what it's like to be outside of the shadow/ path of totality, would be like the video I posted. At the end of the video when it's daylight, is what it would be like at the Austin Tesla facility just 4 miles away. You would not be in darkness and all you can do is use Eclipse glasses to look at the crescent shaped sun that is 99% covered by the moon. If you're able to, find a way to get inside the path of totality.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Im not exactly sure where the Austin factory will be. but the path of the eclipse goes through Austin.
Elon did say it would be open to the public.
Party @giga-Austin 4-8-2024!?

:( apparently the factorys isnt in the path of the eclipse

tenor.gif

Eclipse2024.png
With my reservation # I might need an excuse to pick mine up from the factory about then:)

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Yeah, I drove into the band of shadow during the last eclipse in Oregon, even being at the edge was awesome; just this solid shadow through the atmosphere.

Then I had pancakes. It was a great morning.

-Crissa
Sponsored