Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved), 2021 Bolt EV, 2018 Model X
Occupation
Digital @ Aurora Solar
Country flag
I'm going to mural my CT like a 70s/80s astrovan. I have this idea for "angry pixies" ala AVE/Uncle Bumblef*#k meets wolves-howling-at-the-moon t-shirt and it's so bad I'm 100% committed to it.

Problem is I don't know where to get started.

Anyone know how the process on something like this even goes? How do you find that kind of person and start working with them on this?

Also, give me your horrible, over-the-top car mural ideas so I can try incorporating.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Our county does this to every utility box, and they just post on social media looking for artists.

Check out the local community college for art programs, see if they have a directory or bulletin board for stuff like this. Ours does. (But they also do a thing called 'open studios' where artists invite people to see and buy at their studios or informal galleries).

-Crissa

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
Oh man, they are always so bad. I mean well done but bad. ...typically, airbrush with like dragons, moon /wolf, 80's futuristic sci-fi but somehow barbarian girl, elon smoking would be funny to add somewhere, rainbow smoke trails.

Maybe something like a half dragon capsule, or super heavy rocket, half real dragon. On mars with hot alien babes, and cthulu, with earth as mars' moon. And why not add rings around it as well

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I'm going to mural my CT like a 70s/80s astrovan. I have this idea for "angry pixies" ala AVE/Uncle Bumblef*#k meets wolves-howling-at-the-moon t-shirt and it's so bad I'm 100% committed to it.

Anyone know how the process on something like this even goes? How do you find that kind of person and start working with them on this?

Also, give me your horrible, over-the-top car mural ideas so I can try incorporating.
That's one of my thought's with the Cybertruck. With all those large flat panels it's a blank canvas. Maybe you can look up a sign painter or airbrush artist. Personally I think the vehicle is out of this world, so a mural of other worldly scenes would look good. Also, with technology now you could probably have a company make large stickers that you could change. A photographer friend took this photo of the SpaceX launch last year from Joshua Tree. I'm thinking of having a sticker made, to put on the tailgate.
Tesla Cybertruck A van mural on the cybertruck spacex

Here's a timelapse video to show what it looked like. People went crazy, they though we were being invaded by aliens.

Last edited:

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
One side fantasy/pixie and werewolves riding dragons like cavalry soldiers the other side sci-fi with hot space aliens on Mars with a base and Starship in the background.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag

Maybe this is something like your idea. By artist Parks Reece.

www.parksreece.com

Tesla Cybertruck A van mural on the cybertruck 10AB07FA-782A-4EA6-8BEA-38A75995C0A2

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Paint will always have some downsides, but sticking to stainless won't be one of them as long as you use a modern light-weight misted enamel.

But yes, a wrap can be far more durable (and replaceable) now a days.

-Crissa

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
Maybe this is something like your idea. By artist Parks Reece.

www.parksreece.com

10AB07FA-782A-4EA6-8BEA-38A75995C0A2.jpeg
Why does this picture seem so natural to me? Maybe the fuzziness gives the appearance of a dream, tricking my brain into thinking it's perfectly normal. Hmm
Sponsored