How old are Cybertruck Owners Club members?

• Total voters

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
An F150 with a rolltop bed cover and the CT would be on par with each other in many ways or at least pretty close.
Sure, maybe. I see them being on par in the sense that i view both of them as "Trucks" and so will many others. However the CyberTruck is simply on another level, not just in the realm of trucks but in the entire automotive world. The CyberTruck really cant be compared to anything. When people get there hands on these and start comparing them to other pickup trucks it simply wont be fair. Other trucks just simply cant compete.

Also i wont even be cross shopping the CyberTruck with anything else, nothing else makes logical sense for me.
Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
One place where ICE still wins is range. Somebody (here?) posted about his ICE truck with a 55 gal gas tank and 800 miles range. We won't see that in a BEV for a while. If the CT comes out where I think it will on consumption (400 Wh/mi) it would need a 320 kWh battery. I guess they will get there some day but not by the time the first CTs are delivered.

Since I'm posting here are the latest stats from the poll:

Data: 194 Votes, Mean: 49.3 Median 46.2, Standard Dev 13.8
Best Gaussian Fit: Mean = Median 44.2, Standard Dev 14.4
Best Weibull Fit Mean: 44.2; Median: 44.3; Standard Dev.: 14.1; Shape: 3.46

So the average respondent is 49.3 but less than half are older than that. That's because the distribution is not normal (Gaussian, bell shaped). Were it so mean and median would be the same. The reason for the asymmetry is the lack of very young buyers. A normal distribution would have one percent of buyers less than 12 and a tenth of a percent of negative age. A Weibull wouldn't and so fits the data a little better but not much.

Last edited:

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
OK? There is one kid that "polled" as buying a cyber. Now the question is, Is he actually capable (Daddy), or is he dreaming?

AlexD

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 460LS, Model 3 dm, Mustang Boss 302, F150,
Occupation
retired Building Contractor
Country flag
This REALLY is not a truck. More and more people that are around it call it a versatile utility vehicle. The Promotion People at Tesla just wanted to hook "Truck guys" into feeling comfortable buying it so they labeled it cyber"Truck".
Anything with a load bin is a truck imo

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
I will be up on the hill by the time I get my CyberTruck, but I am not worried, I would have enjoyed a Jeep (that I would have gotten before CyberTruck) and now I will enjoy my CyberTruck a few years later.
If you want a trouble-free vehicle, get a Jeep. (They're so wrench-needy that you'll soon get rid of it, and it will cause you no more trouble.)

AlexD

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 460LS, Model 3 dm, Mustang Boss 302, F150,
Occupation
retired Building Contractor
Country flag
One place where ICE still wins is range. Somebody (here?) posted about his ICE truck with a 55 gal gas tank and 800 miles range. We won't see that in a BEV for a while. If the CT comes out where I think it will on consumption (400 Wh/mi) it would need a 320 kWh battery. I guess they will get there some day but not by the time the first CTs are delivered.

Since I'm posting here are the latest stats from the poll:

Data: 194 Votes, Mean: 49.3 Median 46.2, Standard Dev 13.8
Best Gaussian Fit: Mean = Median 44.2, Standard Dev 14.4
Best Weibull Fit Mean: 44.2; Median: 44.3; Standard Dev.: 14.1; Shape: 3.46

So the average respondent is 49.3 but less than half are older than that. That's because the distribution is not normal (Gaussian, bell shaped). Were it so mean and median would be the same. The reason for the asymmetry is the lack of very young buyers. A normal distribution would have one percent of buyers less than 12 and a tenth of a percent of negative age. A Weibull wouldn't and so fits the data a little better but not much.
Gee a 800 mile range in a ice truck!
I must have owned 20 different mid size trucks in my life. My Toyota hilux with a Ford Essex V6 battled for 200 miles! (50 liter tank) (but what a fun vehicle!)
My diesel Isuzu’s we’re far and away the best economy, particularly the KB250 which could give me 33 miles per gallon ( but what a dog!!) - and that’s still only 500 miles. That was far and away better than any other truck I’ve owned. Next best was the Isuzu KB280TD at 430 miles range. That was probably my best truck with reasonable performance and reasonable economy. Still got it with 550000 km on the clock.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
:ROFLMAO::sick::sick::oops:
So just tell me about the suspension and performance of a shugary f-150
Well, the Raptor is pretty well known and basically is the yardstick of offroad performance that I hope the Cybertruck can match. I haven't ridden in one but my F350 is anything but sugary...

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
Gee a 800 mile range in a ice truck!
I must have owned 20 different mid size trucks in my life. My Toyota hilux with a Ford Essex V6 battled for 200 miles! (50 liter tank) (but what a fun vehicle!)
Well, when you have a 55 gallon tank, getting 14.5 MPG, then 800 miles is possible.

I was shocked to see the ranges on some RVs, but then realize they had 90+ gallon tank and so they were not that efficient.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Sure, maybe. I see them being on par in the sense that i view both of them as "Trucks" and so will many others. However the CyberTruck is simply on another level, not just in the realm of trucks but in the entire automotive world. The CyberTruck really cant be compared to anything. When people get there hands on these and start comparing them to other pickup trucks it simply wont be fair. Other trucks just simply cant compete.

Also i wont even be cross shopping the CyberTruck with anything else, nothing else makes logical sense for me.
If you have to double stack something in the bed, you'll miss the crossbar supports that the Fords have. There are things the Cybertruck can't or won't be able to do as well as others. Don't get me wrong, I have an F350 and am replacing that with the Cybertruck because it should do what I need to do better than the F350. I mean, the Cybertruck will be loads ahead in a LOT of areas but towing, for one, is not going to be one of those things.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
If you have to double stack something in the bed, you'll miss the crossbar supports that the Fords have. There are things the Cybertruck can't or won't be able to do as well as others. Don't get me wrong, I have an F350 and am replacing that with the Cybertruck because it should do what I need to do better than the F350. I mean, the Cybertruck will be loads ahead in a LOT of areas but towing, for one, is not going to be one of those things.
I am trying to understand why I cannot use the L-track to do cross bracing? Or tie it down to the bed with the T-slots in the bed?

Having strapped cargo in helicopters, I am used to strapping things down and not using cross bracing, but maybe there are situations you are thinking about or have had to deal with that I have not, so I am curious as to what situations will only a crossbar work.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
I am trying to understand why I cannot use the L-track to do cross bracing? Or tie it down to the bed with the T-slots in the bed?

Having strapped cargo in helicopters, I am used to strapping things down and not using cross bracing, but maybe there are situations you are thinking about or have had to deal with that I have not, so I am curious as to what situations will only a crossbar work.
You'd use the cross bar holders in a current vehicle if you were stacking something that you didn't want to squish too hard. For example: You've got a few sheets of foam board and a few sheets of plywood. You don't want the foam board on top because the straps could damage it. You don't want it on bottom because it would get mashed flat. So, you put the foam board on bottom, put 2x4s across the bed into the 2x4 holders which are about halfway up the bed and keeps them off the foam board. You then put the plywood on top of those and strap them down. Closing the tailgate keeps the foam board from sliding out and the plywood shields them and keeps them from flying up and out. Horrible example, but easy enough to visualize.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
No, that explains it well and why I never ran into it.

But I can imagine how easily insulation board would get crushed with straps across it...

I wonder if you could put the plywood down, and if you stacked it right, could you get the vault cover to come down, so it would not fly away. a strap or two to keep the plywood in place, and the vault cover to keep the foam board in place? Of course, that makes a lot of assumptions as well that may not work every time.

I could see (if it does not exist already) an L-track hardware that would hold a 2x4 to be a crossbar brace.

Oh look, here is someone fitting out a van that had L-track that made some bits to hold a platform on top. Which is kind of what you described needing, right?
http://livelikepete.com/sprinter-van-diy-3-panel-platform-bed-on-l-track/

I was thinking of one of these when I saw crossbar brace:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Keeper-Ratcheting-Cargo-Bar-47059/207097432

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
No, that explains it well and why I never ran into it.

But I can imagine how easily insulation board would get crushed with straps across it...

I wonder if you could put the plywood down, and if you stacked it right, could you get the vault cover to come down, so it would not fly away. a strap or two to keep the plywood in place, and the vault cover to keep the foam board in place? Of course, that makes a lot of assumptions as well that may not work every time.

I could see (if it does not exist already) an L-track hardware that would hold a 2x4 to be a crossbar brace.

Oh look, here is someone fitting out a van that had L-track that made some bits to hold a platform on top. Which is kind of what you described needing, right?
http://livelikepete.com/sprinter-van-diy-3-panel-platform-bed-on-l-track/

I was thinking of one of these when I saw crossbar brace:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Keeper-Ratcheting-Cargo-Bar-47059/207097432
I'm sure you could. I had a retractable cover on my last truck and liked it. But, it was expensive and I decided I didn't need one for my current truck. It'll be nice having the one on the CT that's available when I need it. I don't know if I'll leave it closed all the time or what. If it has solar panels on it, it'll stay closed all the time. I suppose I'll keep it closed regardless so that I can keep twigs and acorns from filling the little T-rail slots. Also, I wouldn't use a ratcheting spreader bar in a truckbed... you'll eventually get to where the tailgate won't close. Those things have some torque!

Nick Stransky

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I am 29 and I think people my age and younger would be interested in CT but most can not Afford it. I myself am just now becoming able to buy something more than a beater because other bills are becoming more controlled now that life is starting to settle in and even now I have to save as much as I can in order to Afford payments. I feel like I have done well for myself, so I think if young adults could be more financially mature sooner, they would be buying CT.
Sponsored

Last edited: