Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX100D, MS100D, M3LR, MYP
Occupation
Shield AI Business Development
Country flag
It’s January 1st, what is Tesla going to release today to the CyberTruck reservation holders? VINs? Delivery dates? Foundation series numbers?
Sponsored

Timback

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S, Model Y, Model 3
Country flag
Tesla doesn’t care, they won’t release any more reservations until February.
The early reservation orders will not be ready and delivered until March. Tesla is only making 12 Cybertrucks a day.

Reactions: CHC

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Tesla doesn’t care, they won’t release any more reservations until February.
The early reservation orders will not be ready and delivered until March. Tesla is only making 12 Cybertrucks a day.
There is no reason to stop taking orders. I ordered my Model Y 9 months before delivery. Considering how many Model Ys Tesla makes/sells they could take CT orders all day every day. It is really more about how many FS trucks Tesla intends to sell. Once they start selling the non-FS CTs they might as well just go through the list in order and get the $1,000 commitments on the books. Personally I’d feel a lot better with a real order and a place in a real line.

WormtownKris

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2013 F150
Occupation
Outside Sales
Country flag
There is no reason to stop taking orders. I ordered my Model Y 9 months before delivery. Considering how many Model Ys Tesla makes/sells they could take CT orders all day every day. It is really more about how many FS trucks Tesla intends to sell. Once they start selling the non-FS CTs they might as well just go through the list in order and get the $1,000 commitments on the books. Personally I’d feel a lot better with a real order and a place in a real line.
I understand your thoughts but unfortunately, I have to disagree on this point. CT reservationists are an ornery bunch. Already there's grousing about price, range, production rate, FSD rollout, FS invites, dozens of features, etc, and this is just off a refundable $100 deposit.
Can you imagine what it would be like if everyone puts down $1000, and then there is, say, a 3- month ETA and on day 91 someone does not have their truck yet? Or if even though I am in Antarctica, someone with a higher RN than me got their truck already? Or if they let everyone order and some folks at the end of the line get a 2028 delivery ETA?
And not that it really matters, but it would be yet another topic for FUD media articles like, "Tesla lies to their fans, refuses to deliver CybertTrucks despite $100s of millions in deposits!"
I think they should slow roll the orders until they have achieved a decent ramp up, just to manage unrealistic expectations.

Chris9702L

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda ridgeline
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
I understand your thoughts but unfortunately, I have to disagree on this point. CT reservationists are an ornery bunch. Already there's grousing about price, range, production rate, FSD rollout, FS invites, dozens of features, etc, and this is just off a refundable $100 deposit.
Can you imagine what it would be like if everyone puts down $1000, and then there is, say, a 3- month ETA and on day 91 someone does not have their truck yet? Or if even though I am in Antarctica, someone with a higher RN than me got their truck already? Or if they let everyone order and some folks at the end of the line get a 2028 delivery ETA?
And not that it really matters, but it would be yet another topic for FUD media articles like, "Tesla lies to their fans, refuses to deliver CybertTrucks despite $100s of millions in deposits!"
I think they should slow roll the orders until they have achieved a decent ramp up, just to manage unrealistic expectations.
Nah, I’d plunk down my $1000 to get an approximate date.

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
It’s January 1st, what is Tesla going to release today to the CyberTruck reservation holders? VINs? Delivery dates? Foundation series numbers?

Chris9702L

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda ridgeline
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
I just wish you would get more information coming out of Tesla. I have to figure that everyday that goes by they refine the production line little by little and hopefully very soon they will be shooting out of the line quicker and quicker. Let’s GO!

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I did not mean to say that they should just open up the flood gates and let everyone order at once. In order to follow the reservation queue they need to do roughly what they are doing now; send out invitations to configure/order, wait a week for responses, and do it again, inching up the ladder all the while. All I am saying is that I see no reason for them to stop this process. We know that they can make Cybertrucks at about 50/day if they want to (and if they have the parts), and that the ramp will basically go up from there (with glitches here and there as the find/fix problems on the line). We also know that a lot of people are going to pass on the current prices/specs. The number of people willing to order FS will surely drop and then Tesla will make the switch over to non-FS orders. Then people will start ordering in larger numbers (we know that price definitely plays a large part). Tesla also doesn't have to stipulate a 3-month delivery window. As I mentioned, they gave me like a 6-month window on my Model Y and then extended it. They can do that with Cybertrucks. As long as they are in the ballpark no one can complain.

But of course you are free to have your own take on this. I agree with what you say given your assumptions; I just do not think that Tesla should or will do it all at once of give 90-day delivery windows (for long).

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Tesla is in the drivers seat regarding the Cybertruck. Heck, they may extend the Foundation Series to another 10k trucks and keep tapping into the affluent early adopter CT buyer base.

Tesla Cybertruck Any New Years Day Surprise News? 52EACF55-6568-44F4-AA62-170F7A220AEA

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Tesla is in the drivers seat regarding the Cybertruck. Heck, they may extend the Foundation Series trucks to another 10k trucks and keep tapping into the affluent early adopter CT buyer base.
I figure they will continue to offer the FS trim while there is still demand. There is no practical reason why they would stop. It is the same truck with some add ons after all.

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
I just wish you would get more information coming out of Tesla.
You do know that as a publicly traded company, there are limits and restrictions pertaining to production and profitability information distribution?

Chris9702L

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda ridgeline
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
You do know that as a publicly traded company, there are limits and restrictions pertaining to production and profitability information distribution?
Good point. But they still aren’t the greatest at rolling out info. Case in point was the delivery event. We learned more from one of the three people who did videos after the event (Haggarty, Carwow).
Sponsored