Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3m/ f150
Occupation
Management
Country flag
I ordered a tesla solar roof in august. After some considerations i figured it was the best way to go for me to charge my CT at home, even though my electric rates here are .05 per KWh I want to use the free energy from the sun to run my truck whenever possible.

Sadly it's not been installed yet
Where in the US is wkw (i assume you meant Kwh) only.05 per? I live in SE with some of the lowest energy costs and with all charges it’s about .13 per.
Sponsored

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
If I were to do new construction I would include it in the price of the house.
At my age a new mortgage is not in the cards.
Our power bill averages about 250 a month for the house, small detached garage, big workshop with apartment built in and a security light that we pay a monthly fee for. We run four refrigerators, four freezers, two water heaters and all the regular appliances.
It would take a long time to pay back the cost of installing a new system even if we sold power back.
Our provider is the Southern Company and while they talk a good talk about Alternative Energy they want you to pay them to buy your electricity. No net metering here.
I do have an older solar power system that I may hook up to run the shop and charge the CT. It is old technology and was only installed and operated once as a demo.
My main need would be a battery bank to store excess power and a Tesla wall is prob out of the price range.

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
Where in the US is wkw (i assume you meant Kwh) only.05 per? I live in SE with some of the lowest energy costs and with all charges it’s about .13 per.
Think "Hydro Electric"

Billh

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber truck
Occupation
Tech officer
Country flag
Basically, 'near a generation station'.

-Crissa
Aptera is a excellent commuter option but won't pull the trailer or pontoon boat to well. Im thinking's solar carport outside my garage as the cyber truck is well built and looks like we are getting 2 so will need a BIG CARPORT WITH PLENTY OF PANELS AND MAYBE A LFE BATTERY BANK IF THE COST COMES DOWN A LITTLE WITH THE IRON. Life is good Starlink , Tesla and low price solar are a dream come true ...Thanks to all the hard working Tesla folks who are helping make living on the planet more sustainable and all the other teams of hard working smart inovative staff at places like Ativia , Jeff Dahn , Hibar, and all the millions of other people making the change to the new healthier way of commuting. Elon has got it right because of the endless hours of work he is putting into changing the way we think and live. His amazing products that youtubers educated us on and identified as neccesary changes that are available through Tesla has helped us set new goals. (Can you tell im excited that my daughter picked up her model 3 on the weekend?)
Sponsored