Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
I’m for hardening the attack surface for the detrimental reliance society has on monopoly power(as in electrical). What if it were true that utility scale energy storage can be price competitive with battery and obsolete battery storage in the next decade(2030)?

ARGUMENT FOR reasoning NOW:
Hard dollar savings generating electricity closer to where it is used
Reduced dependency and the need for expensive transmission and distribution infrastructure like poles, wires and substations
Reduction in how much bulk-scale power is needed on-line to serve the electricity grid demand surge

Tesla Cybertruck ARGUMENT FOR distributed (solar) energy, VPP and V2G 985DBF8A-E48D-41ED-8ACB-AA0C65E08ECC

More reasons exist FOR and AGAINST battery supported grid. I’ve come to expect that off-grid is achievable for residential, commercial and transportation sectors. That ~50% of CO2 global warming. I am not against utility scale production efficiencies. I am for not losing power, access to energy and DIY freedom to make it to sell if I choose, too.

Tesla Cybertruck ARGUMENT FOR distributed (solar) energy, VPP and V2G 104AD166-AAAB-4913-B2C5-76B61DAE7890
Sponsored